XVI

Chapter : 16

Lani groaned as she bent over the toilet yet again throwing up her insides.

Lani figured she ate the wrong food or something but right now her stomach was killing her.

"You sure you ain't got that corona shit?" JayCee asked after handing her a water bottle.

Lani snatched the water bottle before rolling her eyes.

"You always playing, that's yo problem" Lani grabbed her toothbrush as she applied toothpaste to it.

JayCee chuckled " I'm about to head out, I'll stop back through later"

Lani nodded as she kept her eyes shut.

"Be safe please" She whispered

"Always" JayCee flashed her a quick smile before heading towards the downstairs .

Lani heard the front door open and close she quickly finished up in the bathroom and slid back into bed .

She turned the brightness down on her phone before checking her messages.

Ej: Goodmorning pretty, what you into today?

Lani smiled but decided not to text him back.

One thing about her was even though she was unsure of her feelings she never played with anyone else feelings.

Finally she was able to be alone as she swiped over ace contact repeatedly, she wanted to call back but had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Ignoring the flips and turns in her tummy she pressed the number and waited for it to ring.

After a while Ace husky voice came through the phone.

"Yo?"

"A-ace , where have you been?" Lani voice came out a bit shaky

"I can't talk now, I got in too some shit uh it's better if you don't know and do me a favor stop calling me"

Before lani could respond she was met with the dial  tone.

Truth was ace wasn't in anything he just felt it was better if he kept his distance from Lani in order to protect his own feelings.

Lani groaned as she dialed the number back, she didn't understand what his problem was and why he would hang up in her face like that .

The phone didn't even ring instead it went straight to voicemail.

"I know he did not block me"  Lani rolled her eyes as she sat the phone down.

If he wanted to act like that by all means she would cut him off she was hurt but never pressed about no nigga.

Meanwhile ..

Jaycee had just arrived at Paris house, he was confused as to what was so important that she was blowing his shit up like that the previous night .