Pirates ( Part 1 Shiki)

Start from the beginning

Shiki sat straight down. The woman they needed? Surely this lady didn't know her straight away? Maybe they could get supplies and leave this God forsaken place quicker.

Her laugh cut him away from his thoughts. " She was a beautiful woman. Hated living on the island. Almost as much as she loved it. " She sighed softly. " She stayed by the shore day in and day out. Waiting. For something. A sign that she would be leaving again. Many ships came. Many left. None of them carried the love of her life. "

He leaned in, listening to her story. It was quite surprising. Liliana wasn't just a story brought on by poison. She was real. She continued and had him hooked on every word.

" Eventually, she took on a new task. Taking care of the children of pirates who came to shore and left again. She didn't age. So why couldn't she do something rewarding for them while she waited? Boys grew up under her wing. They learned to fight, they learned to defend themselves, and more under her. She was truly a pirate by any means. She raised us girls the same. " She laughed. " Even I used to sail the seas. But, eventually, I fell in love and stayed ashore. Lianna raised both me and my children. "

" Huh. So she stayed on the island even after my father called for her? Sounds like something a human would do. " He scoffed again.

The old woman smacked the back of his head. " Shush stupid child! " She snapped.

He hissed for a moment and held his head in his hands. " You old bat! What was that for?!"

"You know nothing! Yet you judge so harshly. Liliana was a good woman. Then he showed up. That demon. She denied his affections and told him to stay away. Bested him in combat multiple times. He even tried to drag her away because she wouldn't die. She managed to swim all the way back here twice. I couldn't imagine the hell.

One day, word finally came. She was elated holding a letter from her captain. Until she opened it. Her heart broke. She said her captain told her to move on. Live peacfully, and find someone else. " The woman shook her head and sighed sadly. " She didn't think for a second that it was a fake letter. The demon disguised himself as a new member of his crew and did it just to break her. If he couldn't have her, then he would leave her broken for the rest of her life. However long it may be.

She was told he'd perished in the next letter. That the letter was sent out of respect. So she built him a sanctuary. A place for peaceful rest and relaxation. One that his spirit could find instead of the locker. " She smiled. " It's the most beautiful place on our island to this day. " She pointed to a large mound.

On top of the mound was a statue of his father, and surrounding it was nothing but beautiful flowers and bushes. " That is pretty. " He said glumly. " Every detail is plotted with intent. "

" Aye. It was. She settled down eventually. Her legacy lives on. About twenty years or so after she built the place, she settled for a young native. She raised him from a toddler, and he stuck to her like glue. He knew she was immortal with her pendant, and he didn't care. Not in the least. They had a child together. She is the spitting image of her mother. Y/N is her name. She has the same E/C and H/C as Liliana. She has her love for the sea and her ability to take care of anyone in need.

On the day Y/N's father died, Liliana took her pendant off. She gave it to Y/N to keep safe, and together, they walked to the garden she made for her captain. She explained her life to her daughter, and as they walked, she started to age. Y/N was confused but accepted every word of it. They cried together, I'm told, just before Liliana vanished from existence. But, I'm also told it wasn't a bad way to go. She left at the feet of her lost love. "

" But, he wasn't dead. He was poisoned. " Shiki said softly. " Why would another demon try to get rid of her like that?"

" Jealousy is one hell of a thing, Son.." His father said as he was wheeled next to the woman. " She never stopped sending bottles with letters. I guess I'm hoping they'd get to me, and they found their way. It seems mine did not, however. At least they were intercepted. " He frowned. " I would very much like to see what she made. Closer. If possible. " His voice shook softly.