Shrinking Violet and her Love

She called him Violet. He didn't quite understand it until he looked into it in the large library of the manor. The term she'd technically used was Shrinking Violet.

Well, she wasn't wrong. He had always tended to stay behind. Back out of what he wanted to do, and watch over his own manor.

Well, not anymore. That all stopped the day she mentioned him by name. She couldn't stop staring as she listened to him. His brother had been the one to relay it to him. He made his decision and brought her to him for a few minutes that day. Ever since she'd been on his mind, and talked to him often.

He had eyes for her for quite a time. Ever since her friend brought her to thebkindgdomnandntried to convince his brother to let him kill her. However. She had changed his mind, and many others, by dancing and singing with them. After that she would crash banquets frequently, and they always enjoyed her company.

She was also, in his opinion, a Shrinking Violet. Maybe not out of her human form, but in it, she certainly was. Speaking of her human form...

Y/N was currently lying on her bed across his chest, with Jiko sitting next to his him as well. Violet was lying against the wall, propped up on his elbows, watching her read. Jiao played with his hair and mindlessly her to while dating off listening to her music.

This was nice.

This was different.

It was a pretty, relaxing, gloomy day. Perfect for this kind of cuddles. He'd never been one to express that he wabted them, but damn this felt good. He was surprised Jiko accepted him as much as he did. He even helped Violet make plans to spend time with them later that night. Y/N was a loving girl.  She was  kind to people and easily went along with most things Jiko wanted.

It was weird but not unwanted. I'm fact he longed for it. For her. Jiko was open and seemed to enjoy extra company as well.

As he watched her, he couldn't help but notice her shirt had a very low back. She had angry looking red lines. It confused him. Her skin was beautiful. Hardly flawed. He looked over at Jiko as if to ask what happened silently.

Jiko looked away from him, guilt evident in his eyes. It only furthered his curiosity. Jiko's demeanor seemed to change a little. Hostility evident in his behavior. Mostly, to himself.

~~~~~~~~

Y/N fell asleep late that night. Her human body shifted and changed. Her hair grew longer, and her skin was still very light and dotted with beautiful freckles. Seeing her wake under the glow of the moon was absolutely breathtaking. A luxury not many had seen yet. Maybe eventually, but not currently.

" My Love, can we skip the hide and seek? Just take us away for the night, beautiful?" His voice was silky smooth to his ears. One of many Vices that had gripped him for so long. It pushed him towards the edge every time. They all did.

The glint in her eyes was playful and downright mischievous. That is until she saw he was serious. Y/N simply smiled. " Fine then. I don't mind. But, you two will have to find me there. You will know what to do when you get there. "  She waved her hands in front of their faces, and things went purple around them.

Yes, purple. Lavander, Violet, Royal purple... any combination of purple imaginable. Hues of pink and soft blues dotted the skies and lined the ground as well. Violet noticed that some trees were slowly shifting, changing. They became one of his favorites. Sweet pea. It was beautifully floral, enticing, and relaxing.

Jiko looked just as stunned as Violet felt. He glanced over at him and smiled a little. " It is my first time here as well.  She has never brought me here before. Though it does remind me of the place I took her to give her her ring and make her mine. That was a long time ago now, though. "