𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘰 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦

Start from the beginning

   her village was once visited by one. it reeked havoc on the people. hana was, luckily, not attacked but she watched people fall to the ground and stay there until the toxins wore off.

   that was traumatizing enough. she made her decision on how she felt about them after that day.

   "well, i'm impressed," iroh admired the lady.

   the lady cracked her whip and the shirshu ran off the ship and down the dock.

   as they watched the run down the docks iroh continued on about how impressed he was. it was rather creepy.

   zuko and hana looked him with disgusted faces.

   for the rest of the day, they spoke nothing of it. instead, they decided to start repairing where the shirshu destroyed the ship.

   after that hana went to her room. she decided to wash up and get ready for bed. as she was fixing her hair she heard a knock at the door.

   "come in!" she screamed as she put a pin into her hair.

   zuko entered the room, "we are going to bargain with that lady."

   she turned to him, "why? and i'm guessing you want me to come with."

   "i still have the water peasant's neckless," he dangled it in front of his face. "you don't have to, but you'd be a good back up."

   she narrowed her eyes, "you should stop calling katara that. if she's nothing more than a peasant then neither am i."

   he scoffed, "whatever."

   "it's true."

   "what are you doing with your hair?" he asked.

   "fixing it for tomorrow. i don't like my hair messy. my mom always said, 'if people see you with messy hair they will think you are a messy person,'" she said as she put more pins into her hair.

   "wise woman."

   "indeed. now get out if you want me to come with. i need to get into normal clothes," she gestured to her robe.

   before zuko pulled the door closed he spoke, "meet me on the dock. it looks nice by the way."

   "thanks," she said as he closed the door.

   she quickly got changed and met iroh and zuko at the docks.

   "do you guys know where we are going?" she asked, spooking the two males.

   "hana! you scared me," iroh laughed.

   "i know where we are going. i had the soldiers integrate some of the villagers," zuko told her.

   she snorted, "when have they ever been useful for that sort of stuff?"

   hana was right. the soldiers and crew are more brawns than they'll ever be brains.

   iroh and hana followed zuko for a while before they finally spotted a tavern. when they got closer they noticed an asleep shirshu by the door.

   "this is it," she confirmed.

   she stayed as far away from the shirshu as humanly possible.

   "what? scared of the beast?" zuko laughed quietly.

   she looked at him with a glare. fear was hiding behind it.

   "those are very dangerous, zuko. you don't understand. i watched people i know be paralyzed by them. the fear in their eyes... it's fucked up. i can't stand it when people abuse their power the way their owners do," she shook her head.