The colour of blood

Start from the beginning

The boy was barely awake but the young prince refused to stop.
And that was when she moved forward to put a stop to this.

She started with pulling Daniel back, but his eyes were too focused on his target
His oblivion making her attempts futile.

As a last resort, she did what no sane person would.
Standing in front of him she was ready to take the next punch for her brother.

As soon as his fist came down, the realisation settled in but it was too late.
His fist did meet something but it was soft and engulfing rather than hard and breaking.

Surprised he looked down to see his Stalker holding onto his fist with her small soft hands.
Her eyes closed in fear, but still her skills guiding her to block his blow without fail.

She managed to open her eyes but what she was not what she would have ever expected.

Those eyes.

Those blue depths of the ocean which were always calm were raging in storms of tsunamis.
The slight tinge of redness around them making it look like something impossible.

They resembled a ring of fire in the ocean, but next when they shifted between her and the person she was shielding behind her.
The fire managed to engulf the entire ocean.

His hand dropped but she didn't miss that look on his face.
It was beyond her ability to understand it.

Seeing him stop, she didn't wait a second before turning her back on him and
assessing the almost unconscious body on the floor.

His eyes were opening and closing.
Surprised would be an understatement of what he felt on seeing this stupid girl save him.
As if he needed protection from her.

Her anxious eyes were looking into the depth of his wounds, her hands placing his bruised face on her lap.
Her fingers trembling as she moved his hair away from his face.

"Stay with me.. Charlie..hey...stay with me!!"

She had tears in her eyes.
But he couldn't understand why?

"Get the doctor!! HURRY DAMMIT!! What are you doing standing there!!"

She was screaming on top of her lungs to the crowd that has gathered around.
Her eyes frantically moving around in worry.

He wanted this stupid girl to stop.
This was nothing he couldn't manage.
He has gone through worse.

But the second he looked into the eyes of the storm standing behind her and glaring at him.
He stopped.

Evalinge....Eva...

The name clicked and he internally smiled.
So she was his Achilles heel.
The girl he came to know about through his sources.

Your majesty's secret girlfriend.

He looked back into those concerned pools, while she was busy stopping the blood from the wound on his forehead with her scarf.

Interesting

Was the only thing he could think of.
She was not Daniel's usual and he could already see what made her different.

She was naive, too naive for her own good and this alone just made things go to the next level.

He will enjoy toying with her emotions, she needed the experience to survive in this bad world and he will make sure to give her enough for all her life.

He thought ignorant of the fact that those brown eyes that were staring at him with concern were the very first ones he saw when he opened his eyes in this world.
The hands which were tending to his wounds were the same ones that have picked him up when he had complained of muscle cramps.
The heart he wanted to break was the same one that survived for his sake.