Shades of pain

They were trying to break me with their hardest blows,

But little did they know, unbreakables never bow.

...................................................

A dull light bulb was hanging in a poorly lit room, illuminating the silhouette of a figure coiled in a corner.

The ice-cold floor was worsening the situation, making the figure to shake with cold.

Hands rubbing her legs, and deep breaths leaving her lips.
Anything that can keep her warm.
But sadly the only thing she could feel right now was numbness.

Her body may be numb, but her mind was in complete turmoil.
His whereabouts, the only cause of her concern.

Especially now when she knows who is behind this.
Angry and frustrated at her helplessness, she thrashed her hands and the voice of steel cuffs ringing echoed in the silence of the room.

Her eyes falling on the stupid piece of metal caging her wrists, to only make her hit them on the wall in helplessness.

She didn't care about herself.
She never did but today she wanted to get out of this place for his sake.

She wanted to save him, desperately.

Heavy footsteps echoed in the basement and her tired eyes looked up.
The door opened and in came a team of 5 men, the pieces of equipment in their hands informing her of their intentions.

Sighing, she continued to stare at her bound hands, ignoring their presence completely.

"Get up mutt. The king calls for your presence"

On her lack of response, they looked at each other.
Nodding at each other in unison.

One pushed her down on the ground.
Her chest hitting the cold concrete.
The other tied her hands behind her back, changing her existing cuffs with something else.

With no thoughts of fight, she calmly laid there.
Allowing them to bound her in all ways possible.

She felt something getting tied around her ankles, to be followed by something cold hitting her neck.
Their rough hands making it more painful than it should be.

Once done, she felt a tug to her neck as one of them shouted at her.

"Get up bi**!!"

And she did get up, ignoring their heated stares.
Her eyes following the chain attached to a collar on her neck which the man was relentlessly tugging in impatience.

Deciding to follow them, she walked.
Ready to face the king, who unknowingly was committing the biggest mistake of his life.

Killing his son with his own fuc**** hands, by trusting that bi** Claire.

She thought of illuminating him of her intentions, but then she had no proof.
And without it, no one will believe her.

Instead, they will add it onto her list of crimes.
The crime of accusing someone of such higher standing as hers.

The guards knocked on the door and she got ready for it.
Taking in deep breaths.

Moving inside, her eyes fell on the person who got her here in the first place.
The very man who pleaded her to guard his son now stared at her with those pools of hate and distrust.

He moved his hand, making his men step back from me and leave.
Leaving me vulnerable to his hatred.

As soon as the door closed, he got up from his seat and stood right in front of me.
Arms folded and back leaning against his table.