Nightmares

'this is it, the official rendezvous point for the invasion force.' said sokka, emerging through a hedge with he rest of us.

'how did you pick this place?' toph wondered, surveying the area.

'before we split up, my dad and i found this island on a map. it's uninhabited, and the harbor surrounded by cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place.'

'nice choice sokka.' said katara.

we threw our sleeping bags on the floor and looked up at the sky.

'and we're here four days ahead of schedule.'

'wait,' shouted aang, shooting out of bed, 'THE INVASION'S IN FOUR DAYS!'

sokka yawned, 'whatever. that's like... four days from now. let's just calm down, and-'

he began snoring and i couldn't help but giggle, 'i think sokkas got the right idea'

'we're here, we're ready... the best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest.' smiled katara, lying down on the mat.

and then i fell asleep.

---

i woke up much more tired than id been the night before, feeling a harsh graze on my knuckles.

aang.

i took my pillow from under my head and out it over my eyes - really wishing i hadn't woken up.

'hey, how long have you been up?' asked kataras muffled voice to aang.

'a couple hours. i got a lot more skills to refine if i'm going to fight ozai.'

'GO TO SLEEP' i yelled, screaming into my pillow and turning away from them.

'you know there is such a thing as over-training.'

then, aang fell backwards after a particularly hard punch and i could feel leaves and branches fall on top of him.

i stood up out of my bed, feeling dizzy and hurt form the fall.

'AANG IF YOU DONT GET BACK IN THAT SLEEPING BAG RIGHT NOW IM GON-' i began, but sokka took my hand, stopping me from killing that little bitch boy that was ruining my goddamn morning.

'you don't get it, do you? my form is bad. i'm sloppy. and i still don't know any firebending, not even the basics.'

sokka led me back down to my bed and i rubbed my eyes, falling back asleep quickly.

i woke up later that morning. still tired.

aang was still training and i didnt have the energy to stop him.

'ugh i give up.' i muttered, falling down next to sokka, 'you alright?'

he looked over at me from his scroll and smiled.

'yeah im fine, nice to see youve finally decided to wake up.'

i rolled my eyes, and he brought the scroll down for me to read.

'and i really wish i hadn't.'

---

that night was no better.

at some time in the day, id moved my sleeping bag closer to sokka so we could read his scroll together.

and we stayed there for hours.

'night sokka' i smiled, resting my head on his shoulder.

i felt him tense up and i pulled away a bit.