22

Beyonce POV

It has been a week now and I'm still not talking to Shawn. A couple of days ago Shawn called me and I decided to take it, I made it clear to him that he should make it short and brief because I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. He told me that he'll give me my space.

"I got it!" Xania yelled as the doorbell rang. I was just lounging on my recliner, eating my bag of Doritos as I watched TV.

"Hey Bey," I heard Jayden as he entered the living room and sat on the couch.

"Hey baby," I smiled at him. "Jared is upstairs," I said.

Jared asked Jayden to come over so that he'll help him with his school project which is due in a couple of days.

"Can we talk?" Jayden said. I looked at him and I could see the seriousness on his face.

I put my Doritos on the side and sat up straight. "Yes. What do you wanna talk about?"

"Its about dad. He's really sorry that he did you wrong like that. Be a sport and just forgive the poor guy," he smiled at me with that cheesy smile.

"Did your father put you up to this?"

He poked out his lips. "Eh, no he didn't. I was just-"

"Your father and I are going through a rough patch. We're just taking some time away from each other to just think and calm down," I said and I could see that he wasn't too pleased to hear that. "Baby, you have to understand that-"

"I don't wanna understand," he cut me mid sentence as his voice cracked with emotion. "I don't wanna understand mom. I don't want you and dad to break up. Mom, please tell me you and dad are not going to break up," at this point he was crying.

He called me 'mom'. That caught me off guard plus with him breaking down in front of me.

I went to sit next to him and brought him into a hug. "Please mom. Don't break up with dad," he cried harder into the hug.

"Your father and I are not breaking up. I agree that I'm mad at him but I'm not going to break up with him. I love him way too much to let him go. I'm not gonna break up with him," I said then he broke the hug and I wiped his tears.

"You promise?" He said and I nodded. "Pinky promise?" He said with his pinky out.

I smiled as I intertwined our pinkies. "Pinky promise," I said.

He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you mom," he said.

"I love you too son," I warmly said.

"Imma go to Jared. He must be waiting for me," he got up from his seat and left.

Jayden POV

As I walked out of the living room Xania and Jared popped out of the shadows.

"Sweet heavens y'all are gonna give me a heart attack," I yelped in fright as I looked between them. "Don't be scaring me like that."

Xania just sucked her teeth. "Don't be such a baby you big baby," she crossed her arms as she looked at me up and down.

"Was the crying really necessary?" Jared raised his brow at me.

I rolled my eyes as we all walked up the stairs so that we'll not be heard. "It worked didn't it? Our plan worked and now those two will make peace," I said as we all entered Jared's bedroom.

Here's what we decided to do. Since dad and Bey haven't been seeing eye to eye these past couple of days, we took it upon ourselves to mend their relationship. The three of us came together and agreed that I'll talk to Bey because she's the victim of dad's stupidity. I mean, as young as I am I know that 'letting loose' with uncle Emory is a bad idea.

Seeing that Beyonce's hormones make her emotional these days, that made it easy for me to target her emotions. I had to up my level of acting skills and shed a couple of tears.

Phase one complete.

"JayJay, when you called mommy 'mom' did you mean it or was it all part of your act?" Xania asked as she sat on Jared's bed.

I looked at her and smiled. "I meant it. I never even planned on calling her 'mom' it just came out and I felt really good inside. I never thought I'll ever call another woman or even consider another woman my mother but Bey changed all that. I don't just see her as my father's girlfriend, she's also my mother," I said.

"I don't blame you, mommy's the best," Xania said as she laid her head on my lap. "Her lemon meringue pie is also the best."

"Yep," I said running my fingers through her curls.

"I vote peach cobbler," Jared said as he sat in his study table.

"Your ass better vote for lemon meringue pie before I shove my foot so far up your ass you'll be shitting toenails for a week," I said. He chuckled and I just grabbed a pillow and threw it to his face. I also chuckled.

"Peach cobbler is number one dude," he said.

"You better-..." Just when I was about to complete my sentence I heard the door crack open. "...and that's how the Pythagorean Theorem was applied," I said, quickly changing the subject real quick. "What are you doing here mom?"

She was carrying a tray. "I just brought you guys some snacks," she said placing the tray on Jared's table. "What are you doing here Xania?"

Xania sat up and looked at mom. "Umm, its never too early for higher education mommy," she smiled at her.

"Don't worry ma, she's not disturbing anyone," Jared said.

She nodded her head. "If you say so. You guys better hurry up before it gets dark. I don't want Jayden driving back when its dark," mom then walked out of Jared's room and we all sighed in relief.

"That was close," I said.

We had our snacks and chatted. Even though I wasn't there to help anyone with any project, I ended up helping Xania with Math.

"Mom I'm leaving," I said entering the kitchen to find mom busy on the stove.

"I made some brownies, do you want me to pack you some?" She asked moving from the stove.

"Yes please," I smiled.

I watched her take some brownies then packing them for me nicely. "Here," she handed them to me. "Drive safe now baby."

"Will do ma," I said giving her a side hug. "Bye."

"Bye baby."

I walked out of the kitchen then got into the car and I was off.