•|CHAPTER 14💜🏝️|•

*****
*Unedited*

"You mean...Ya Ahmed, like Ya Ahmed Huzaifa?". I asked both surprised and confused. My breath catches as I stared at him.

"Yes it's me Ahmad... ". He said with the look of disbelief.

"Guy wetin you dey do like this, you know this babe?(guy what is going on here, you know the lady?)". One of the gangsters demanded frantically.

" Guy forget that thing for now, make we just do the job(forget about her, let's carry out the job)". The third gangster turns around,fury in his features.

" Shut up! You dey mad(are you mad?)". Ya Ahmed yelled furiously at him and swatted his hands away.

I just laid there staring at them as they argued. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't even form words anymore.
My head was spinning and my breath sputtered out of my mouth. I was speechless, indeed this world is a very small place. So this is what ya Ahmed has gotten himself into, leader of gangsters.

Flashback 7 years earlier🌊...

Ya Ahmed used to be Abhi's personal driver. He used to live with us when we reside in kano.He was very loyal to Ummi and Abhi, so they treated him as their own son.
Whenever beebee and I return from school, we used to go play with him in the playground and ride bicycles around the house. He treated us like his own sisters and vise versa. Whatever we bake or cook, we always remain his share.
One faithful day, he told Abhi he's quitting the job. He said he's leaving to Lagos in search of greener pasture. Abhi tried his possible best to make him stay but his mind was made up, He had to leave. Abhi had no choice but to let him leave. He gave him a large sum of money as a goodbye, and he left. Since then, we never heard from him. I never thought I'd see him ever again.

Back to present

"We no go kill this girl oo, na that my oga for kano pikin be this oo(we are not going to kill this lady, she's my boss's daughter)". He yells at them.

His gaze meets mine and I swallowed.
His head hang in shame, I know he wishes he could melt into the ground.
He let out a long low sigh and turned to look at me again with his dark eyes.

"Zahrah, what are you doing here in Kaduna?". He stares at me with wonders and continued. " All these years I've been searching for your father but I was told he relocated, thank God I recognized you. I would have killed myself if anything had happened to you.

"Please Ya Ahmed, help me get out of here please". I pleaded, I wasn't ready to answer any of his questions.
" I want to see my husband, Alhaji Marafa please take me to him".

" Husband! You mean say that old guy na your hubby?(you mean that old man is your husband?)". The second gangster asked and I flashed my eyes to him.

They stood there in tense silence as I stared at them,waiting for someone to break the silence. I didn't care about the terrible headache and the pain I was feeling. All I want to know is what happened to my husband. They were looking at each other, it looks like they were wondering what to say and how to say it.

" Zahra I'm afraid I have some difficult news". Ya Ahmad finally broke the silence, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Diff_ff_icult news". My voice chokes in my throat.

He narrowed his eyes "Alhaji Marafa, your husband is no more". He dropped the bombshell, I could almost hear my heart shattering into a million pieces.

Innalillahi wa Inna ilayhi raji'un! I could barely breathe, the world is falling out from beneath me.