•|CHAPTER 12💜🏝️|•

(unedited)

It's a little past six and the sun is already setting. I drove out of Ummi's compound after thanking her for the day.
My mind is made up. First thing tomorrow morning I'll be leaving for Abuja. I have to leave, I have to leave this place and the bad memories behind. I'm tired of hajiya's ill-treatment towards me. I don't care what Abhi will say or do to me, but one thing is certain I have to go. He should go ahead and disown me for all I care.

I thought as I pulled up in the parking lot of my house. This time I promise myself not to shed a tear. I've been patient all my life, now I have to stand up for myself.
There's no point staying in the house when Alhaji doesn't even know who I am anymore. Whenever he gets well, he'll surely look for me. I just pray it won't be too late. I parked my car in my spot and headed to the entrance.
I caught a glimpse of hajiya in the gazebo beside the house. Our gazes clashed and she gave me a thunderous look. I let out a low snarl of annoyance and swept upward. I hurried up to my room and started to park my stuffs.
Suddenly I noticed a note beneath the door. I picked it up and opened it.

Ma'am I need to speak to you urgently.

Immediately, someone grabbed my hand and dragged me into the bathroom.

"Radika!" I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. "how did you....." I tried to utter but was cut short.
" Ma'am it's a long story please I want you to listen to me". She said in a very low tune.

"What are you doing here?". I turn my head at a slight angle, checking to see if the door is locked.

"Ma'am there's something I need to tell you". She said gently as tears were already welling in her eyes. A single tear spilled down her cheek. I watched it trickle down the side of her chin and onto her neck.

"Look Radika... I know you didn't do it on purpose, Hajiya made you do it and you had no choice but to obey".

" I'm so sorry ma'am... I'm sooo__rryyy. Please forgive me". She fell on her knees as tears streamed down her cheek.

"Get up Radika, it's okay. I forgive you". I pulled her back up, it's painful to see her like this. I wish there was something I could do to make her understand that I have forgiven her already.

"It's okay Radika". I pulled her close laying her head on my shoulder as she sobbed. After a while, she lifted her head up and forced a smile across her face.
A long strand of her hair fell across her face,she tucked it back behind her ear. She sniffed and said "Ma'am, you have to be very careful, that woman is a maniac. She could do whatever it takes to get what she wants".

" What she wants!" I asked bewildered.

" Yes ma'am, I'm afraid I still don't know what is that she wants, but all I know is she won't stop until she gets it. Ma'am, I don't want anything to happen to you. Pack your things and leave immediately". She warned and I shiver with a chill.

"Thank you so much Radika". I said and hug her tight.

"Be careful". She said softly as she walked out of the bathroom and tip toed out of the room.
Quickly, I parked my important stuffs in my suitcase and hurried towards the door. I opened the door and my eyes widen. I am face to face with hajiya who's face holds an unbearable expression. My heart ripped in two. I'm in deep trouble.

"And where do you think you are going?". She questioned and fold her arms over her chest and my jaw dropped.

"You are going nowhere!". She snapped, her words sounded thunderous in my ear.
Before I could open my mouth, hajiya snatched my purse which had my keys and phone in it and slammed the door.

"Let me out! " I yelled furiously and banged the door. It was too late. She had already locked the door and left. "Let me out! Somebody help me! Help me please". I continued to yell and bang the door but it's a fruitless effort. The maids will dare not disobey hajiya's orders.

Defeated,tears welled from deep inside me and coursed down my cheek. My mind was tangled with different thoughts. Tears split over and flowed down my face like a river escaping a dam.

"Why me?Why does bad things always happen to me?Abhi! Ummi! Where are you? Your daughter needs you. Don't I deserve a minute of happiness? What have I done to you hajiya? Whaaat!" Tell me whatever you want I'll give you, just let me goo_oo_oo". I cried harder,i could hold the heartbreak no longer and I fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as my grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.
As more tears came, more thought whirled through my head. I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried till finally, I drift off to sleep.

•••••

Slowly I opened my heavy eyes, i found myself on the cold marble fall staring up at the ceiling. My head was pounding and my bladder was full. I moved my jaw and felt my mouth was dry. The room was dark and the whole house was silent. So silent that I could hear my heartbeat and blood rushing through my body like in an anechoic chamber. I didn't care about the malicious headache I was having and the burning cold I was feeling. Slowly, I stood up. I wiped the wetness on my cheek with the back of my hand.
I heaved a heavy sigh and made my way to the bathroom. In the shower, I let the scalding droplets of water run down my skin hoping it will burn away all my misery and pain, I wish it worked that way but it doesn't. I think I've made a big mistake for not informing my parents about this. Who's going to help me now? What if hajiya tries something funny?...

After my bath, I walked out of the shower and dried my body with a towel. I wrapped my body with the towel and walked to my room.

My stomach growled and I squirmed on the bed trying to silence the rumbling of my stomach. I was as hungry as a lion and I have nothing to eat. I managed to get up and walked to my wardrobe. I picked up my wrist watch and glanced at it. It was few minutes past two in the morning. My stomach rumbled again and this time, my legs were shaky. I changed into a violet slip and drank two glasses of water from the dispenser.
For the first time I had no chips,no tea, biscuits nor cookies. Just water. How I'm I supposed to survive without food. Ya Allah.
I curled up in my duvet, burying my face in my pillow half-starved. A great tremor over took me as tears flowed freely soaking my pillow.
Tonight is the longest and most frustrating night of my life.....

❤️ Quote of the day ❤️
"It's better to be real than to be perfect".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys !! How's chapter 12?
So far this is the shortest chapter I've written. It consists of just a thousand words.
Swipe up to continue as things get tougher!👆👆
Don't forget to click on the if you liked the chapter.

And share...

💜Aboki Hussainah Yakubu 👑💎.