The Young Dane sighed "I will take her, you go - that is Hjod Eriksson and that there is  Kolstyrr   they will see you to the boat," said the young Dane, "should I not return soon, you are to leave." He instructed Hjod as he came to escort Khaana away. Hjod gave and nodded and leaded Khaana ahead of him. "come, we do not have much time." Hjod urged.

"I know you, don't I?" Khaana asked Hjod as she followed behind Kolstyrr with him. "Ragnar says he has know you sense Ragnar the Fearless was alive, I would gather so. Though I do not remember you, lady." Hjod replied. "you would not known me as a woman, a Hound or a horse...maybe." Khaana said bitterly.

"I'm sorry it is a long way, but we do not have horses with us." Kolstyrr chimed in, his eyes kept careful watch over their surroundings, sword in hand incase of an attack. "I am fine, it is nice to stretch my legs." Khaana murmured. "you should not feel bad about that woman's fate, had Jarl Ubba found out that she was part of the reason you escape, he may have killed her himself." Kolstyrr said. Khaana nodded stiffly. "you are not wrong in that thinking..." she  said.

It was a long walk, but not a hard one, as the sun was fading from the sky, they reached the the shore, a small fishing boat waited there, "it's..tiny, will we be alright?" she asked. "we should be fine, Kolstyrr is great on the waters, we will have you to Wessex, by dawn. now get in and sty low." Hjod said. Khaana started to climb into the boat, when shouting and horns could be heard in the distance. Kolstyrr quickly jumped into the boat, and Hjod  started to push it into the water.

Hopping in Hjod drew his bow and aimed it towards the woods. "he said to leave him, row, Kolstyrr!" Hjod called, and Kolstyrr did. Khaana laid low in the boat and pulled her furs over her. 

Khaana listened as some of Hjod's arrows flew, she could hear a few warriors shouting from the shore, once far enough, Hjod gave up on trying to attack and raised his shield to deflect oncoming arrows from the enemy. 

It seemed like hours before Kolstyrr gave Khaana a pat on her back "its alright for you to come out now, lady." He said. Khaana removed the cloak from around her head and pulled it around her body tighter. She looked around, night had fallen and a slight fog had steeled over the water.  "we're not far from the borders of Wessex." Hjod said with a smile, he went to point ahead of them, but as he turned his gaze the smile fell from his face.

"Fires," Kolstyrr murmured. Khaana followed his gaze, and sure enough lots of little camps were lined at the boarder. " we can't go that way, Saxons, they will over take you there are too many." Khaanaa murmured "and I, cannot make it back on my own..." she sighed. "We will take you back, Ragnar's ships should land the day after next, midday." Hjod said. "We were told to make camp near the cliffs, we will take you there." added Lolstyrr. Khaana nodded and settled down into the boat. "you're safe now, lady." Hjod said offering a bit of a smile. 

Khaana laughed with Hjod and Kolstyrr, as they passed by where they'd rescued her from, Hjod drew his bow, but no one as at the shore "where do you think they've gone?" Hjod asked. "do we care?" Kolstyrr asked "get down and held me row, dawn will be up soon, when need to reach the cliffs." He added. Hjod shrugged and plopped back down into his seat grabbing a oar in each hand and started to row.

At Guthrum's settlement, Ubba's rage was felt throughout, yelling in a rage, he tossed over tables, threw plates and mugs at the walls, "what do you mean gone!" He shouted. "A warrior was found, bringing the body of Vilotta near, he dropped her and ran for the forests, of course our men killed him, and saw his boat with his companions leaving the shore, however when they returned." Guthrum muttered, gesturing towards the empty cage, "the elf was gone." he said.

Ubba's hands clenched into fights his face a bright near glowing red as he bared his teeth in one last roar that seemed to shake the feast hall. "Build me an army! I will have Wessex in pieces!" he shouted.