Morning

Leorio POV

I woke up on the couch at around ten a.m. The reason I woke up I wasn't sure of. I rubbed my eyes and brushed a hand through my hair. The television was on, Woble sitting on the carpet watching whatever was on. Kurapika was standing in the kitchen. "Morning," he said looking at me. "Glad you woke up, breakfast is almost done." I pulled my suitcase around the side of the couch and in front of me. "I'm going to change," I said. "Can I use your bathroom?" Kurapika shrugged. His hair wasn't curled this morning and it looked like he hadn't brushed it this morning. Bed-head.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom with a casual change of clothes. I could hear Kurapika getting Woble ready for breakfast. "Leorio," he called after he was done. "Are you done changing? Breakfast is ready!" I looked in the mirror. "Just a sec," I replied. I needed to fix my hair and I could also use a haircut.

I walked out of the bathroom, still messing with my hair and I could hear Kurapika laugh. "Stop playing with your hair," he said. "It looks fine. Your breakfast is on the counter." I smiled at him. "What'd you make," I asked. Kurapika didn't look at me. "Peach scones," he replied. I grabbed my plate and looked at him. "Are you sure those are breakfast foods," I asked. Kurapika shrugged. "They are on weekends," he said taking another bite of his.

I sat beside Kurapika and began to eat. His eyes were focused on Woble who was sitting at the coffee table still watching tv. "She's adorable isn't she," Kurapika asked as if it were his kid. I nodded. "Yeah," I said. "She is." Kurapika set his plate down in front of him. "I don't want her to grow up," he said. "I wish I didn't have to give her back at twenty. She's grown on me." I looked at him. "Well," I said. "You said when she's twenty right? That means you have at least seventeen years."

Kurapika looked back at me. "By then I'll be old," he said. "Like forty." I rolled my eyes. "Enjoy her being young while it last," I said. "Besides forty isn't that old." Kurapika sighed. "I guess you're right," he said. "But I'll look like you." I glared at him. "Shut it," I said. He giggled before standing up and grabbing his plate. He set in in the sink and walked to the coffee table. "Are you done eating," he asked Woble who nodded. Kurapika picked up her plate and also put it in the sink before sitting next to me.

"It's Saturday right," he asked. I set my plate on the coffee table and nodded. Kurapika placed his finger under his chin and his thumb on the side. He looked like he was thinking. "I think," he said after a couple of seconds. "We should do something fun today. It's Saturday so you don't have any school and I don't have any interviews. Plus we just met up again." When he said this he lifted his head from his hand. The look in his eyes made him look like an excited child. For a second it felt like I caught a glimpse of what he was like when he was younger.

I picked up my plate and walked over putting it in the sink. "That sounds like a good idea," I said. "But what can we do?" Kurapika stood. "Hold on just a sec," he said running down the hall. I sat on the couch and looked at Woble. The young girl had climbed out of her chair and was now grabbing toys from the corner. She pulled out a truck and a dinosaur. I began to wonder if she knew that she was a prince. Probably not.

Soon enough Kurapika came back out of the hallway with a laptop. "Okay," he said, setting it on the coffee table. "We can look up some things we can do." He opened the laptop and quickly typed in a password. His laptop opened up showing a picture of a forest as his background. After typing in a question online results came up. "Here we go," he said. "I got results." I leaned in closer to him. "I can see that," I said causing him to give me an annoyed look. I raised my hand in surrender and he went back to looking through the internet.

"Ooh," Kurapika said. "Here's something." He turned the laptop to me and smiled. "There's a fair in town." I looked at what he was showing me. There were pictures of rides, food stalls, games, etc. I looked at Kurapika who seemed overjoyed. "I don't know," I said. "A lot of the rides look too big for Woble." Kurapika frowned and turned the laptop back to him. "Oh come on," he said. "There's going to animals too. And games and they have kiddie rides. It'll be fun, please." I sighed. "Fine," I replied. "But you need to go brush your hair."

Kurapika smiled and gave me a hug. "Thank you," he said. "I'll bring my money. Just let me go get ready." He got up and raced into the bathroom.