Tea & Conversation

Kurapika POV

I laughed. "It is you," I said. "Oh my god, it's been so long!" Leorio smiled. "I can't believe it," he said. "How have you been?" I smiled back at him. "I-I've been great," I replied. "Come inside." I walked inside, Leorio following behind. He shut the door and I placed the grocery bags on the counter. "Have a seat," I said, gesturing towards the couch. "I'll make some tea. You do like tea, right?" Leorio nodded and sat on the couch. It had been so long since I've last seen him. At least three years. And to think I'd meet him again while struggling to open my door. The thought made me laugh and Leorio looked up at me. I smiled at him.

Leorio POV

I watched as Kurapika made the tea. He reached up to a cabinet and grabbed a kettle. He filled it with water and put it on the stove. He did it so quickly it was as if he's done it a million times. It's weird to say someone put water on a stovetop perfectly, but Kurapika did. Like a stay at home mom or housewife. One thing that added to this effect was his hair. It was longer than it had been last time I saw him. It was past his shoulders and might reach his mid-back if he were to take it out of that high ponytail. It looked as if he curled it a bit and two strands were hanging on the sides of his face. Cute.

Kurapika turned to face me, leaning against the counter. His jeans hugged his legs perfectly. To me, it seemed he had dressed for a semi-casual event. "So," I said. "You curled your hair?" "Hm," he responded, he grabbed a strand and smiled. "Oh, yeah. My mom used to do it so I gave it a try." He got a fond look in his eyes as he played with the strand. The sparkle in his eyes made me smile, even though he wasn't paying attention. "You haven't changed much," he said looking up at me. "But your hair grew a bit." I chuckled. "Yeah," I said. "But not like yours."

Kurapika smiled. "What can I say," he said in a smug tone. "I have very healthy hair. It grows fast." I rolled my eyes, the smile sticking on my face. "I don't think it works like that," I said. He scoffed. "Okay," he replied. "Doctor." I shot him a look. "Don't call me that," I said. "I'm not an official doctor yet." Kurapika smiled and turned back to the kettle. Like I said the jeans fit him perfectly.

Kurapika took the kettle off the stove-top and grabbed two small cups. He poured the water in and put in two tea-bags. He stirred both cups and turned back to me. "So the only thing that grew for you is your hair," I said in a joking voice. Kurapika rolled his eyes a smirk on his face. "Haha," he said. "Very funny Mr. Tall-Guy." I almost laughed at his reaction. Was he annoyed? Offended? It was kind of funny.

Kurapika gave me an angry look. "Hey," he said. "Don't laugh! I get insecure about my height sometimes!" He was a little pouty. "Hey," I said stretching the word out a bit. "You're almost twenty-four, you shouldn't be acting like a baby." His eyes widened. "Shit," he said, grabbing his keys off the counter. "I forgot to pick up Woble from Daycare." I raised an eyebrow. "Who's Woble," I asked. Kurapika was standing by the door slipping on a pair of black flats. "I'll explain in the car," he said without even asking me if I was going to go with him. I was of course but still. "We'll take the tea to go."

Kurapika POV

I took a sip of tea and continued to drive. Maybe I was going a little past the speed limit but I had to get Woble. I put the cup back in my cupholder and Leorio cleared his throat. "Kurapika," he said. "Are you married?" I glanced at him. "No, I'm not," I replied my attention back on the road. "It's Prince Woble." Leorio looked confused before he nodded. "Oh," he said. "Why do you have one of the princes at your place?" I sighed. "Because the Queen was stressed," I answered. "And she needed a break. So she just gave me Woble and told me to keep her until she's twenty."

"Twenty," Leorio asked, shocked. "That long?" I nodded. "Yep," I replied. "She was that stressed. Needed a long break." I parked in the parking lot at the Daycare. "You stay in the car," I told Leorio. "I'll be back in a few minutes." I grabbed my wallet and shut the car door.

I opened the door and heard a soft bell ring. One of the workers, Ms. Lee looked up from where she was playing with Woble. "Oh Kurapika," she said and picked up Woble with one arm. "You're finally here." I nodded as she brought Woble to me. "I so sorry," I said to her. "I ran into an old friend and got distracted talking to him." Ms. Lee handed me Woble. "How was she," I asked as I took her hand. Ms. Lee smiled. "She was great," she said. "But when she was the last kid here she started crying." I sighed and squatted down to look her in the eyes. "Hey," I said. "I'm sorry for being late. Dada ran into an old friend." She hugged me. "It's okay," she managed to say. I held both her hands. "Hey," I said. "Dada's friend is in the car. Do you wanna say hi?" She nodded and I smiled.

I stood up and looked at Ms. Lee. I handed her a twenty-dollar bill. "Again, I'm sorry," I said. She laughed. "It's okay," she said. "Friends are nice, especially if you haven't seen them in a while." I smiled again before walking out with Woble.

Leorio POV

Kurapika walked out of the building holding Woble's hand. She was looking down talking to her and letting out small laughs. He walked to the backseat of the car. I heard him open the door and I turned my head. Woble smiled at me from her car seat before looking at Kurapika. "The man from the picture," she said. Kurapika nodded. "That's right," he said. "Now say hi to Mr. Leorio." Woble gave me a small wave. "Hi," he said. Kurapika finished buckling her into the car seat. He kissed her forehead and came back up to the driver's seat.

"Now you call me Mr. Leorio," I asked him in a sarcastic voice. He smirked. "I didn't have to last time." He pulled the hair-tie out of his hair. Out of the ponytail, his hair looked less wavy. He looked in the mirror. "I'm thinking of getting a haircut," he said. "What do you think?" I shrugged. "I think it looks nice long," he said. "But if you want to that's fine." He smiled and started up the car before turning to Woble. "Ms. Lee said you were a good girl today," he said. "Do you want ice cream?" Woble excitedly clapped her hands. I smiled. Kurapika was a good parent, even if it wasn't his kid.

Kurapika pulled out of the Daycare. "Do you want to get ice cream," he asked. I looked at him. "Um," I said. "Sure?" He scoffed. "That sounds more like a question than an answer," he said. "I'm just going to go to the store to get those small containers. What kind do you want?" "Chocolate is fine," I said. He smiled. "Okay," he said. "Woble what do you want?" The girl in the back giggled. "Strawberry," she said excitedly. Kurapika laughed. "Of course," he said. "Can you stay in the car with Woble? I'll be quick." I nodded.

When we got to the grocery store Kurapika got out of the car. I turned to Woble. "Hey," I said, smiling. Woble smiled at me. "Dada has a picture with you," he said. "Does he," I asked. He kept the picture? I smiled. "Dada is nice isn't he," I asked. Woble nodded. "He's the bestest," she replied. "He gives me sweets." I chuckled. "Sounds like you're spoiled," I said.

Just then Kurapika climbed back into the car. "What are you two talking about," he asked. I chuckled. "Nothing really," I said. "By the way, you kept the picture?" Kurapika nodded and started up the car. "Of course I did," he said. "Why wouldn't I? You're one of my only friends." I smiled. "We're still friends," I asked. He nodded and began to drive.