Chapter 34: The Punch

Start from the beginning

"Definitely," Grace replied, trying to sound enthusiastic, although she really just wanted to be alone with Noah. "I'll see you then."

"Bye, Grace," Rachel said, walking past the couple. She turned her head to look back, her blonde hair flying over her shoulder. "Bye, Noah," she added with a smirk, strutting out of the library.

As soon as Rachel had stepped into the corridor, Noah looked down at Grace with great confusion. "What on earth are you doing with Rachel of all people?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure," answered Grace with a shrug. "She came up to me after class today and asked if I could help her with homework and studying. She's actually really nice, despite the fact that I've called her a bitch in my head many, many times while you two were dating."

"I don't want you around her," Noah stated firmly.

"Why not?" Grace shot a puzzled gaze up at him.

"Just-" He clenched his jaw. "Please. Not her, okay? Not because she's my ex, but because she's a shitty person and I know she has a motive."

Grace looked back and forth between Noah's eyes. Was there something he wasn't telling her? What did he know that she didn't? Trust was so hard for her, but in this moment, she had to trust Noah.

"Fine," she said finally. "I'll try to stay away from her."

"Thank you," Noah sighed in relief, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Are you ready to go?"

"Sorry, I just have to run up to Gryffindor tower to change my clothes. I didn't have time after class since I agreed to come to the library. I'll be quick," Grace explained, giving his hand a squeeze. "I'll meet you there?"

"Sure," Noah replied with a nod, watching Grace exit the library. He started toward the Room of Requirement, his mind occupied as he tried to figure out what Rachel Avery was plotting. Rachel and Noah's whole relationship was a lie. Another liar around Grace was the last thing she needed.

You're a liar, too, Noah, he thought to himself.

He pushed away the voice inside his head as he reached the Room of Requirement. He had been there many times before with Draco this year, but the inside would look a lot different than what the two Slytherins had been going there for. Noah closed his eyes with great concentration. After a moment, a door appeared on the wall that had previously been completely blank. He pushed it open and was immediately bombarded with loud music.

The boy darted his eyes around the room. Couches were scattered to his left, a giant fireplace behind them. To his right, a long counter that stretched wall-to-wall had so many drinks lined up on it that it could have lasted the students the rest of the school year. By the boozy smell in the air, however, the teenagers were well on their way to finishing them.

Noah looked toward the center of the room where there was space for people to dance and chat. That was where he heard his name being called from.

"Hey, Dolohov, you made it!" Blaise Zabini yelled over the music, walking toward Noah with a drink in his hand.

"Good to see you, mate," he replied, looking around at his drunk classmates. "Already kind of crazy in here, isn't it?"

"The way it should be! Go get a drink, man," Blaise urged, nodding towards the table. "I'll see you around."

Noah shot his eyes over to the counter. He noticed Harry Potter and Ron Weasley pouring two glasses of Wizard's Brew. The muggleborns around the castle swore by the fact it tasted like Muggle beer. Whatever that was.