Chapter 8: Don't Talk

"Would you look at me?"

"I don't want to look at you, Ryan."

"You're being ridiculous."

"I'm not! You rape-"

Ryan's hand shot forward, covering her mouth to block the word from coming out any further.

"Fuck, Grace, lower your voice," he hissed, glancing around him cautiously. Although the corridor was nearly deserted at the late hour, the Slytherin was still paranoid.

Grace brought her arms up, her fingers clawing at the boy's hand, desperately trying to get it off her mouth. Once she had succeeded, she pushed his limb roughly away.

Ryan brought his strong gaze onto her, clearing his throat before speaking.

"You've been avoiding me all day. It was embarrassing this morning seeing you run off without even looking my way." He took a step closer, his stare rather intimidating. "What happened last night...it's not what you think." Ryan paused, a glint in his eyes. "You wanted it, Grace. You just didn't know it."

"You're disgusting," she spat back almost instantly, turning on her heel to storm away. She didn't even want to be near him. Just being in his presence made her nauseous, thinking about what he did to her.

However, a forceful tug on her arm sent her stumbling back towards him. Ryan's jaw clenched and fury flashed across his eyes. He wrapped his hand around her throat, shoving her roughly against the wall, his fingertips placed on her neck.

"Oh, Grace, one day you'll understand...One day you'll get it through that little head of yours that you deserve this shit." Ryan pressed his fingers deep into her neck, restricting her airflow. Grace raked at his hands, gasping as she longed to take a breath. Black spots crowded her vision, and just as she was sure she would collapse, he let go.

Grace bent over, her hands placed on her knees as she welcomed the air around her, sending it greedily to her lungs.

Ryan leaned his side against the wall, his arms crossed, a smug look etched on his face. He was amused at the sight. Grace slowly craned herself upright, her heart gradually returning to its normal rate.

"If people knew what you did to me..." She shook her head, pushing her hair away from her face. "If people knew how you really treated me, they would realize you aren't the king you pretend to be. They would realize they were foolish for worshiping someone like you."

Ryan pushed himself off the wall, his confident expression remaining as he neared Grace.

"It's a good thing no one knows, then, right?" Ryan raised an eyebrow, questioning the Gryffindor girl, although he didn't expect a response. "Because if you told someone, Grace, you'd regret it."

Grace's heart dropped in her chest, a newly-developed weight sending it downward as Ryan continued, pacing closer until he was inches away from her.

"I warned you to keep that pretty little mouth shut," he explained. Bringing his hand up, Ryan took a piece of Grace's hair and tucked it gently behind her ear, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

"I'd hate to have to cut out your tongue."