21

The Choice Is Yours

Meraki
{May-rah-kee} Greek
(N.) to do something with soul, creativity, or love ; to put something of yourself into your work

"The Beverly Eagles are seconds away from devastating loss to Culver City, the last-place team in the division" the announcer yelled into his mic, there was less then a minute forty left . We were down only by four, that's not that bad but we need to be able to pull something together and soon.

"If Beverly looses this game it would cripple the chances for playoffs" damn how much dose he talk. Like dude you work for our school do you ever trash talk the other team.

I adjusted my head phones "Aye Spencer can you hear me" I watched as he looked my way and tapped his helmet, telling me he's listening. "Culver is kicking the ball to us, you think can handle this one" he nodded his head and hit his fist with his chest. "Aright King Kong I'm counting on you" I watched as our boys took the position.

"And there's the kick" the announcer said as the ball went flying. Spencer caught the ball with out a stretch and he took off.

"He cuts left, it's block and he's loose making his way" the announcer called out everything as we watched as Spencer found a way around the block and built up his speed. We began to move a little closer to the lines on the field as Spencer mad his way through the forty.

"He got them beat" the announcer had a bit of hope in his voice as he stood in his booth. Spencer juked the last player before another came out of no where and smashed into his side... "Spencer James is incredible" Spencer stands up and take his helm off and looks up into the stands at liv and she shakes her head no, wonder what's that about but I shrug my shoulder and look back at the field.

"That brings up third down Adam's looked open but Baker didn't hand him the ball" Jordan now is not the time. "Asher and Jordan this not the time for your bullshit" I said in to my headset "Save it for after the damn game" I walked next to my dad "They are bench and 200 suicides if they cost us this game" my dad just patted my head and kept his focus on the field.

Jordan caught the ball as Spencer and Asher ran, Jordan threw the ball lower than he should've causing Asher to miss it before he got decked by a player. "If you guys cost us this game you all are in big trouble stop with the fuckery"

"Baker and Adams seem to be on opposite side of the play book" said the announcer as Asher pushed himself off the ground. There's only few seconds left. "Two seconds left Beverly ast Culver City gotten yard line"

"A double blitz really" I face palm and shook my head as the boys got in positions. "Jordan with it on goal" I watched as my brother faked pass to Spencer and scanned the field and he took the chance take off for the end zone. One of the culver boys ran after Jordan, but before he could get any closer than he was Spencer smashed into him. "And Baker for the touchdown" the crowd rowed in cheers as the team ran to Jordan.

The Next Day

"Do you know what happen on the field last night between Jordan and Asher" I watched as my dad sat in his office chair and looked threw plays. "If I did I wouldn't have yelled into headphones every time they messed up" I said sitting on one the chairs as I watched the game footage of who were against "fair point"

Speak of the devil the two said boys just walked in and I'm instantly pissed again. "Beverly BARLEY beats culver" I turned my tablet showing the boys the news article that I was reading earlier. "You boys want to explain what's going on between you too" dad said glancing up from the plays.