Chapter 3

After school Nova found herself in her dads office starring off into space day dreaming. "Nova.... Hey Nova" hearing somebody call her and look up to find her dad calling "huh... sorry dad I was thinking" she said shaking her head "It's fine are you coming out on the field " billy said "yea" Nova asked worried "alright go head and get change" Nova shook head and grab her gym bag and started walking to the girls locker room. Upon walking to the locker room her phone buzzed with a notification.
Message from Chris🙂🏈
Chris🙂🏈: hey can't hangout late practice
"Well shit there goes my plans for today" Nova muttered under her breath
Nova🦋
It's fine

Nova's point of view
I was look forward to hanging out with Chris. .. I guess another time then. I open the door to the girls locker room and opened my gym bag while sitting everything that was in there on the bench. I undress from my casual clothes and started putting on my spandex and Nike crops tops and I put my hair in to high ponytail, I sat down grabbing my black and white air forces and stood up I gather all the of my clothes and my converse and put them in my gym bag. I grab the black bag and drop it off in  my fathers office and made my way to the field. "Dad can I get my tablet" I asked my tablet holds the some of the plays and the teams information. My dad hands me the tablet, looking up I notice the teams not really practicing how they should we designed different practices for the tam that I thought dad would take in to concise ration.
Spencer was catching all of Jordan's throws Asher couldn't get any. Dad blew the whistle "huddle in." I yelled  everyone came running into a huddle surrounded us.

"Okay guys we're gonna try something different" I said glancing back and forth "Actually nova I got an idea that I want try before we do new plays" dad said I looked at him and just nodded and sat my tablet on the bench behind us.

"Spencer have you ever played safety before" dad asked looking down his clip board "No why" Spencer questioned dad looking at him with a confused face "Coach wants you to give it a try Spencer" I said looking at him. "Man I don't play defensive" he said looking at dad like he was stupid. "You play what I tell you to play" dad tells him " so your just gonna change my position" Spencer asked him
"Spencer-" dad started but was cut off "after everything we talked about? Man I didn't come for this. I came to make touch downs." Spencer spoke, dad moved closer to Spencer "No.. You came to play football as a team am I right or am I right" dad said Spencer looked at him and said nothing "Thank you, you got one or two choices son. You can either be on that side of the line or this one you choose, what's it gonna be?" Dad asked it was dead silent.

I looked around and notice everyone staring so I blew my whistle "Hey what are you looking at get back to the field and start back practice or so god help me your all running suicides!" I yelled everybody but Spencer and dad got back on the field. Dad back up and moved inward towards the field.
"Spencer... I know this is a big turn over for you especially on your first day" I spoke looking on the field watching Jordan and Asher.
" Set go" Jordan yelled while Asher ran with a player behind him. "There we go" Asher said catching the ball "yahooo" Jordan and Asher jump into each other.
"Good stuff that's how you play football" Dad said clapping his hands. "You better get comfortable" Asher told Spencer. I looked at Asher " number 83 you got 20 suicides" I said looking at him.

"What come on Nova seriously" he complained "Yea I'm not kidding Asher for one thing in order for this to be a team everybody needs to start acting like one or there is no team to begin with and for complaining that's 30. You better start those suicides before it becomes 40 instead" I said pointing to the field. " I'm sorry about him Spencer. He's just being an ass like usual" I looked at Spencer "I don't be long here" he sighed "Says who am ignorant asshole" I asked raising my eyebrow "Spencer, your talented this is an obstacle for you, that you gotta over come so you can achieve better and bigger things there's a reason dad wants you to play defense Spencer and it's probably because you see this field just like I do" I said placing my hand on his shoulder " take some time to think things over and maybe get to know the team a little before making a decision we're not assholes like Asher ya know" I said looking into his eyes smiling. He nodded and smiled back "I'll give it some thought Nova because you asked me too but I make no promises"he said .

I smiled and look out into the field.                 "Hey Spencer do you need a ride back to Crenshaw" I asked looking at him "It beats taking 3 busses back home why not" I turned my head and looked at Spencer "Dude you took 3 busses to get here" Spencer shook his head "Okay ... no that's not happening again after practice meet me by my car it's a White Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon" I said walking back to the locker room  practice was gonna ending and dad blew the whistle.

Mini time skip
I waited in the car for Spencer as I was looking for my looking threw my play list trying to think about which song to play. -Tap- I looked over at the passenger side window and saw Spencer. I unlocked the door and waited for Spencer to get and put on his seat belt.
"Hey Spencer you ready to go" I asked "Yea" he said I nodded and randomly choose an album from my playlist. And started the engine and backed out. Music started playing . I started driving down the road and started singing along forgetting Spencer was there.

" You're everything I thought you never were
And nothing like I thought you could've been
But still you live inside of me
So tell me, how is that?."

"Damn ... you gotta voice" Spencer spoke and I laughed "Thank you.. Spencer" I glanced at him "But can you keep that a secret I forgot that I wasn't by myself and no one knows I can sing" I asked him . "But why keep it a secret" he asked. I looked at him then looked back up at the road "Because it's nothing important, I don't want anyone to make a big deal about it there's more important things to worry about than singing it's nothing but a hobby." I said glancing at Spencer and back at the road.

"I have many secrets Spencer and not a lot of people know them, like your the only person who know I can sing" I said gripping the steering wheel. I stop at the a red light and took notice of the neighborhood we were in. It was weird like there was a line dividing the street between Beverly and Crenshaw.

"So what about you mister superstar any secrets" I asked Spencer looking towards him and pressing on the gas since the light turned green.  "Not really I'm an open book guy from Crenshaw who just loves to play football , your gonna make a right up there and stop at the White House " I turned down the street that Spencer pointed to and came to a complete stop in front of the house.

"Your a mysterious Spencer and I like that" I smiled at him "there's something about you I can't put my finger on but I'll figure it out one of these days" I pointed at him                              " we'll see about that miss Nova but for now have a nice night" Spencer smirked and got out the car walked to his door and stepped in, he looked back for a brief second and waved closing the door as he did so.