22

California Love☀️

Epiphany
(N.) a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand. Or suddenly become conscious of something that is very important to you.

"Ayhyh" yawned and stretched in my chair before getting up. I grabbed my bag and slanged it over my shoulder and made my way out of class and to the car to go home.

In the mixed of me walking and rubbing my eyes I didn't see my brother in front of me and bumped into him. I rolled my eyes and went around him "Nova wait up" I kept walking ignoring him. "How lone are you gonna be mad" I glanced at him from the side of my eye and made a sharp right. "Come on Nova so me and Liv didn't tell you about gw we're sorry" another sharp right and again and again and although I was still mad at my sibling, I had a right to be mad. "Leave me alone Jordan" I quickened me pace "you can't be mad forever" I stopped and turned towards my brother. "FINE your right I can't be mad forever but for now leave me the hell alone like you always do" and with that I left out the door of the school to my car.

Skips

After school I was at the cafe, I was hanging with JJ, Asher and Spencer who was working. I watched as Spencer took a box of pizza to a table  "You got one pepperoni" Spencer told the table as a girl stood and smile as she read what was on the box "you have a pizza my heart, Gabby Be my date to homecoming" she jumped with glee and hug the guy she was sitting with as Spencer left the box on the table and made his way back to our table. "What to corny for you" Asher joked Spencer shook his head "no no hall just take this homecoming thing really seriously" he stated to us. "It's whatever to me" I shrugged my shoulders not really caring for the idea of homecoming I never go each year. "That's because you never go and you miss out" I rolled my eyes at JJ statement "Yea why don't you ever go, I've seen guys ask you every year but you always turn them down"  all eyes were on me, I shrugged once again "never really had reason to go"

"You gotta go this year Nova " JJ stated sitting up straight I once again shrugged "why should I, what am I getting out of this" I asked while taking a sip of my drank looking at JJ. "Fun with your friends" I looked at JJ like really I see you people's everyday. "I'll detail your car inside and out and give it a good wax for the next 3 months" I sat there and thought about it my heel dose need a good detail, he dose deserve it. "Make it 5 months and a lift kit and you got a deal" I said taking a bit of the fried Spencer brought to me. I saw JJ's face change to hopeful to horrified to confidence. "Deal" he put stretched his hand for me to shake and I extended me and we shook on it.

"So Spencer who are you taking" Asher and Spencer add themselves back to the conversation "nobody I'm riding solo" Spencer said leaning on the table. "Aww to many options" Asher joked "Yea something like that, but I'll catch y'all later I gotta get back" After Spencer left the table Jordan joined in.

"I respect the solo for hoco" Asher said "it's better than being with someone that's a rival" I rolled my eyes at Asher dispute with Jordan being with Ripley, I could care less honestly. "Hey I like Ripley, school don't matter" Jordan said to Asher which he gave me a look and I shrugged my shoulders, I don't care for Jordan's love life.

"Okay so Jordan's with Ripley, Asher and Leila, and I got two sexy blondes, and what about you little Baker" JJ inquired "By myself" with that being said I took that as my exit and left the cafe, I wave bye to Spencer on the way out.

————

Bzzzz
Bzzzz
Bzzzzzzz

I squint my eyes as I open them and see that it's 8:30 in the morning.
Bzzzzz
I hear my phone buzzing I look to see Leila calling my phone. "Hello-" before I could even ask what Leila wanted I was cut off. "Nova, I need help, come over and get ready at my house" and before I could even say no or okay she hung up. I slammed my head back in my pillow and "ahhhhhh" I screamed into them.