5| A Piece of Advice

Start from the beginning

“After that Arveena did not try making any contact with me and my loyals. All i know is within 3 years of you leaving, the gang was reduced to dust. Arveena was neither able to handle the business nor the underworld. Last what is known of her is that she, one day, suddenly vanished from Belgium after selling the house, leaving behind everything. Her debt ridden company as well as failed gang”, he completed.

Drowned in thoughts! That was what was Nandini's condition. She was dismally staring into the abyss. What was she thinking was known to none. These same reactions had started a tsunami of questions in the head of both Hades and Aryaman. The main and the most disturbing one was “Is she reconsidering her stand on her mother?”.

“Nandini...are you thinking about Arveena?”, Aryaman questioned. He had his fingers crossed for he didn't want to hear Yes as her answer. She hummed in response. That was even worse than yes. The worried glance they both gave told their thought process.

“I am not thinking about Arveena I am thinking about our home”, she now moved her eyelids up to look at the two. “That house was where we grew up, where we spent our childhood. I dont want to loose it”, she voiced her thoughts. The sadness hidden in her words was felt in their hearts yet a wave of relief ran through them. Nandini was thinking beyond the obvious.

Nandini did notice the relieved expressions on their faces and she very well knew why were these expressions. “Dont worry you guys. I will never reconsider my views for Arveena. I am not going to hurt myself in future. I am more important than anyone else”, she was repeating someone's words.

“I have my present with you guys, with people who genuinely love me and they will be my future”, Nandini was quite sure that she will never try to search for Arveena. Even if a small portion of her heart wants to do that the larger part of it denies it for good.

The night had more or less ended for them. No one was willing to carry on the conversation any further. They mutually decided to call it a day.

Just as Nandini had taken a few steps ahead, she turned and asked something which just made Hades smile wider, “Hades...do you have any idea where is Papa's diary that he used to write in?”, the desperate look on her face gave way to what she was feeling. Though Hades had no idea where that diary was but he was sure he will find it even if it means making  hell meet the heavens.

~•~

Pacing in the bedroom, Nandini was having a riot of thoughts. The conversation with Hades had sent her into a spree.

She had harboured only happy memories with her father. If she had to remember him, it was always those moments where Rehaan had a wide smile on his face and actually happy.

There was a certain kind of restlessness in her. Though she had changed her clothes and was now in her bed, there was something which was keeping her wide awake. She did not want to share her thoughts with either Aryaman or Hades for they were already a bit uncertain about her, in this matter.

When uncertainty strikes, there is just one person in whom she finds peace. Right now, he was the only one she wanted to contact and let the emotions and feelings out. Only listening to his voice will surely calm her down.

On the other side, in Malhotra Mansion laid a grumpy Manik on his bed. Grumpy because he had planned a special night with his girlfriend but she had ditched him at the last moment. Above it, there was no call too from her.

Just when he was going to call her himself, his phone buzzed with ‘love❤️’ flashing on his phone. The grumpiness was instantly replaced with a smile.

“Finally you got time to call”, he said as soon as he received the call. Nandini shook her head. What a child he is sometimes. And just like one he began describing what all happened after she  had left with Aryaman and Hades.