"After what happened with Jackson, my parents became really cautious with everything and everyone. I understand where they come from, though. If the same happened with my daughter in the future, I would be paranoid and super protective of her too" Jennie lowered her head and played with her fingers. "They were a little scared to even let me at Jisoo's sleepover the other day. They know her, but they just recently met you and they don't know Chaeyoung at all, so I understand why they were scared"

Lisa listened with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Do they-" she started hesitantly. "Do they really think I'm capable of doing the same as what he did to you?" Lisa shook her head. "I would never force you to do stuff against your will, never would do something with you without your permission first. I would never do anything to hurt you, Jennie! Both you and they should know that"

Lisa slightly raised her voice as she started to take a hint of offense. Jennie sensed the sudden change in the mood and immediately closed the door before cupping both of Lisa's cheeks.

"No, Lisa, listen to me! You got it all wrong. I trust you with that, I do. My parents, they really like you, you know that, you can see it. But they are my parents and I'm their only daughter, they have the right to fear and be suspicious of everything and everyone, even my closest people, especially when all that mess was initiated by someone I trusted so much.

They are still trying to get to know you better and give you a chance, Lisa, even after that happened. Please, understand if they are not trusting you fully yet. They will eventually get there, we both know it. But for now, please forgive them. I'm not mad at what they are doing because it just shows that they care. I don't want you to be mad at them for that. They are just doing their job as parents"

Lisa listened carefully to everything Jennie said and slowly started to realize she was right. They weren't bad for caring and trying to protect their only child, the cruel world was the one at fault for making them like this. Maybe Lisa wasn't able to completely understand simply because she had never experienced such love and care from her own family.

Jennie trusted Jackson, and as much as they didn't like him, her parents did in a way too. None of them would have ever expected something like that to happen. Now, there was Lisa taking his place. She was another person Jennie loved with her everything, but they already knew better than to lower their guards too fast.

She heaved a deep sigh and held Jennie's hands as the guilt seeped through her. "I'm so sorry" she said quietly and lowered her head. "I shouldn't have reacted like this. I just don't like them thinking of me as a potential abuser who just wants to do horrible stuff to their daughter. I'm not like him, Jennie, and never will be"

"I know. I know you are not, Lis. You are so much better than anything he would ever be in his miserable life"

"I understand if they can't fully trust me after him, but I will work hard for it until it happens"

"Yes, you can do it. I believe in you, and that they will see what a good person you genuinely are. Just give them some time, please" Lisa nodded, giving Jennie's hands a light squeeze. "It's time to sleep now, though. You can unpack your things if you want, just to be able to find everything you need later" the brunette parted their hands and stepped back, ready to leave.

"Everything I need will be in the room across from mine" Lisa softly said.

She heard Jennie shyly giggle before the door completely closed.

"Good night, my love"

Lisa grabbed her bag and dumped its contents on the bed before putting everything on their assigned places around the room. She changed into her sleeping clothes and dived under the extremely soft blanket, ready to finally get some sleep. But instead, she stood awake for the next hour, thinking of how the big day of her plan was slowly approaching.