Chapter 16

Jisoo and Chaeyoung walked calmly along the streets, surrounded by an unusual silence, but not an uncomfortable one. Jisoo was still as nervous as ever around her crush. It was her first time experiencing something remotely romantic towards a girl and that really messed with her head and her whole perception of herself. The thing was, she knew she wasn't the only one in their group crushing on someone.

"Have you noticed Lisa and Jennie's behavior lately?" Jisoo asked.

"What about it?"

"They keep on being clingy with each other, more than normal. I know they are getting closer as the time passes, but there is definitely something beyond that friendship going on. I know Jennie really well"

"Well, I don't know neither of them that good yet so I can't really tell. I don't know their habits and behaviors when they feel different emotions, especially attraction"

"Jennie is definitely not telling me something, I can feel it. She's being really weird"

"Probably. But if something is indeed going on and they are not telling us, then there must be a reason. They may feel uncomfortable or not ready enough to share yet. Let's give them some time and not put pressure on them for something that should be the least pressuring, like love"

"Right. But if they take too long, i will take matters in my own hands"

Jisoo and Chaeyoung continued talking about their friends until they reached their final destination, successfully coming up with a future plan for action in the meantime.

"Are you nervous?" Jennie asked Lisa as they walked along the streets.

"To be honest, a little" How could she not? She was about to have dinner with the parents of the girl she was in love with. Who wouldn't be freaking out? "I don't have a gift for them!" Lisa suddenly realized, halting her steps. "I can't just go empty handed, can i?"

"There is no need for such formalities, Lis. They already know you" Jennie assured her.

"No, i want to. Come with me by the supermarket, please. I need to pick something"

"They really won't care as long as you bring yourself"

"Me and a bottle of wine would always be better, though" Lisa pointed out as she walked ahead.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" Jennie chuckled and quickly cauth up with her.

They dropped by the nearest store and took their sweet time in choosing the perfect bottle of the fine alcohol for Jennie's parents. After about half an hour, they made their way out with a bottle of red wine and forty dollars lighter pockets.

"You ready? You are nervous as if I'm going to introduce you to them as my girlfriend or something" Jennie chuckled, not realizing the effect it had on both of them since the only thought in their heads was to make it true one day, hopefully.

"They already somehow have a good first impression of me and i just don't want to ruin that after spending a longer time with them. They may change their minds" Lisa nervously said as she twirled with the bottle in hand.

"Don't worry about it, please. They won't do that, I promise"

Jennie said and opened the front door of her home, letting them both in. "We are here!" she shouted, announcing their expected arrival to her parents. Seun and Jihwan quickly appeared from the kitchen, dressed up beautifully and all smiley, and welcomed them inside. Lisa gracefully handed the wine to the married couple, who was left touched by the kind gesture.