∞ Chapter 9 ∞

Beginne am Anfang

He gets up, and leaves.

In my dream, I started to cry and panic. Which caused me to wake up.

×××

Tanner comes up to me as soon as I open my locker, "Hey.." He mumbles, as if checking if I'm in a good mood to talk to.

"Hey," I fake a smile for him and he calms down visibly.

"Look about that thing I wanted to tell you, my mum went trough my stuff the other day, and she found a bunch of clothes that weren't mine, when she asked me about them I realized they were Mark's, and since I never see Taylor..." He looks at me hoping I'll understand. Everyone knew that talking around me about Mark was like walking on egg shells. I didn't like that, the look they gave, full of pity.

"Sure, I'll take them."

He smiles in relief, "okay great, they're at my house, mind coming to get them? There's too many for me to bring them to school."

"Yeah no problem. I'll give you a lift, too since I have my car with me."

"Thanks!" He nodded and walked away.

My smile faded away, it would've had been nice if he stayed to talk and not just walk away like that. But what was I thinking... I never was fun to talk to, I was so awkward. I laughed a little at myself and walked away.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out,checking the text I just got.
From: Taylor Manuel
I won't make it today, but keep your promise. I'll be asking your mum later.

I shook my head at the text, today was the third day in a raw that he couldn't make it.

But I did keep my promise. I ate. Well not as much as I do when Taylor's around, but still.

I did gain some weight, not much though. Since even with Taylor I still wouldn't eat a whole meal.

I headed to my next class which was History, and our teacher handed us paperwork, telling us to find a partner. I hated when the teacher didn't just assign us who to work with, cause then I always ended up alone. I hated looking like a loner.

To my surprise, Tanner got up from his group of friends who were laughing and fighting who'll work with who, and came over to me.

"Wanna work with me?" He smiled and I could see all his perfect white teeth.

Well not exactly perfect, he has one chipped tooth in front, from that one time when Jacob made fun of me and Mark, and Tanner went all crazy.

I was going to say no, but instead I smiled at the memory and agreed, even though I knew he only asked me out of pity.

As we worked I realize that Tanner is one of the smartest people I've met. The teacher smiled proudly at Tanner when we handed in out work, and looked at me suspicious, as if wondering if I was just using Tanner for his answers. Knowing that I'm not the brightest in class.

"Good job. You're dismissed for the rest of the class."

We both grabbed our bags and headed outside to the parking lot.

"Sweet!" He smiled at my car like an idiot.

"You're a car freak?" I ask and get in, Tanner following me .

"You bet! I wish I could have my own car already." He pouted a little but quickly recovered looking at my car from the inside, touching everything he could put his fingers on.