"What would you tell someone about your first love?"

Start from the beginning

She wasn't exactly unkind to my friends but she never went out of her way to be nicer to them either. She was neutral and I'd tried more than once to get her to form some kind of bond with them but she was adamant on keeping her lone wolf status. With me as the exception, of course. And in truth, she seemed to actually enjoy it. She never seemed to want for that connection that comes with friendship. 

"I'm stealing her this morning," Quinn looked to my friends as if expecting them to fight her on it but she was only offered a dejected sigh from Harmony. 

I felt her hand trail down to meet my own and before I knew it, I was being dragged away towards the entrance of the school. I looked back to my friends that offered me waves, Nina rolling her eyes for added dramatics. 

"Where are we going?" I squeezed her hand softly, knowing eyes were on us as we made our way down the hallway.

This was nothing new though. Despite the longevity of our relationship, people still seemed to be curious about us. I suppose it would be because of the distinctive differences in our personalities. She was the outcast that people either spoke about behind her back or envied publicly. I was the reserved girl that hung out with a clique she knew since elementary school. Quinn and I were polar opposites to say the least.

"Here and there," She turned her head, that trademark smirk in place as we finally made it outside and I was attacked by the chilling breeze. This she caught onto instantly and only then did she stop to shrug off her jacket and drape it over my own shoulders. "You should really think about wearing a coat, this happens every winter."

"I know you wouldn't let me freeze." I poked my tongue out playfully, watching her roll her dazzling hazel eyes. "Did I forget an anniversary or something?"

"No."

She dragged me all the way into the woods across from the school, just beyond the treeline and only then did she come to a stop. She looked back towards the road and across from that, the school. She seemed to be counting for a moment, every tree we passed until she stopped at one that was just beyond us and pulled out her pocket knife. 

"I'm about to be lame." She warned me.

"I made you dress up as the Bananas in Pyjamas with me for Halloween once," I reminded her much to her dismay. "I know how lame you can be."

"I still resent you for that."

"No you don't, you're too madly in love with me." I poked her cheek playfully only to have a glare shot my way.

And for a moment she almost looked serious but I knew better, Quinn may look like she rode her bike straight out of Hell but she was harmless. She couldn't hurt anyone, she really didn't have it in her. 

She did, however, stalk closer to me slowly and because I didn't quite know what she was up to, I had to back away slowly, only to have my back pressed against a tree until she was right before me, her breath mingling with my own and her eyes telling me every single devilish thought racing through her mind. She was harmless but she was dangerous all the same.

I'd tempted her and this was my punishment though she often forgot her punishments I considered pleasure. Her lips were on mine with a heat that I wasn't really prepared for but that didn't stop my hands from digging into her hair and holding her as close as possible. Our kisses were always like our first, a sense of desperation behind them that neither of us could explain. Like we needed each other like we needed air. 

Sometimes I wondered if we loved each other or if we were driven to each other through pure lust. And I was not one for love stories so I was almost inclined to believe the latter. But I was almost sure Quinn did love me. She'd said it enough and I believed it enough but I knew we weren't a love story.