"But why did you even come up with the grand idea to walk into that room?"

Jimin scratched the back of his head, "I decided to look around the house because I was bored... on that note, why are there so many things covered under white sheet?"

"Which ones are you talking about?"

Jimin turned around and pointed to the room attached to the living room, "There!"

"Ah... that..." Yoongi glanced between him and the room before grabbing Jimin's wrist, "Come, I'll show you."

Jimin spluttered in his words. Shocked that the elder was willing going to show him the room. But what made his heart go crazy was the sudden physical contact. The kiss on the forehead was enough to make Jimin lightheaded, and now Yoongi was holding his hand. Willing. Jimin had to do a double check for reality. 

Yoongi opened the door and let him in, "This... um, well you've already seen the picture. So, this room belonged to my brother."

Jimin's eyes widen a little in surprise. 

"Well, my... we had two houses inside the circle onr for my parents and the other for me and brother. We used to stay here. This was favorite room." said Yoongi. He approached on the sheet and grabbed on corner. He took in a deep breath and started to removed the sheets, "These are the collections of all the paintings he had made till... um, all the paintings he had ever made."

The entire room was full of paintings, empty canvases, easel, boxes of paint and cups of full of brushes. Jimin gasped seeing the paintings. They were beautiful. He went to the nearest picture and observed it. He felt the paint under his touch, taking in the art. 

"Your brother loved to draw, didn't he?" 

He heard Yoongi hum, "And he was marvellous at it."

When Jimin turned around, he saw Yoongi looking at all the paintings with a sad smile on his face. And if he wasn't wrong, the elder had teared up as well. Jimin pressed his lips together and got up. He was hesitant in his approach but still wrapped his arms around Yoongi in a comforting hug. 

"Thank you." Jimin whispered. 

He felt Yoongi relax under his touch. His hands falling down to his waist. 

"For?"

"For showing me this." Jimin answered, "I know how hard it is for you."

Yoongi sighed. The elder seemed to remember something. Something that Jimin had mentioned earlier. Something that confirmed that Jimin in face knew how hard it feels. Especially when the wound's still fresh. 

⇼⇼⇼⇼

Yoongi and Jimin were sitting on the floor. The younger was looking at all the pictures while Yoongi watched over him. Even if there was nothing to watch out for. Jimin couldn't push away the blush that stayed on his face. And he was blaming Yoongi's gaze for it. 

"My mother would've loved all this." Jimin mumbled. 

He heard Yoongi shuffle behind and when he turned around the elder was right behind. He was slightly taken aback but the sudden proximity but didn't say anything about it. 

"She liked to paint?" Yoongi ask.

"She loved art. Anything that can express your feeling apart from your words." Jimin answered. 

He remembered seeing his mother singing or dancing around in their apartment as a kid. His memories were fading. Her voice barely audible in his memories. But he remembered her smile. And that was more than enough for him. 

"What happened?" Yoongi asked. His voice low and careful. 

Jimin curled up his hand in a fist and sucked in a sharp breath. Twenty years later, but he still felt like a little child cowering in fear. 

"I was five... um, I don't remember everything clearly... but some people broke into our apartment. It was on my birthday." Jimin chuckled lifelessly. He felt Yoongi reach for his hand and caress them, "Um, it was in the afternoon, I guess. My mum was in the kitchen. She was excited to cook all my favorite food and I was in my room, drawing. Then suddenly, I heard a loud sound. Then mum came running into my room. She looked so scared as she mr pulled in her arms and hugged me."

Jimin choked up at the memories that followed. A shaky breath tumbling off his lips. 

"She said she loved me, no matter what and asked my to hide. I was so confused as to what was happening. I've never seen her so scared. She's always so brave and I-" Jimin stopped. He tried to compose himself because he knew his voice would break. Yoongi got even closer to him, taking his hand in his and rubbing them with his thumb comfortingly. 

"I did as she asked me. I hid the closet. I couldn't see anything. I could just hear her voice and some other men. They beat her up but my mum didn't cry out once. She refused to let them break her. And then everything stopped. I was so scared to get because their voices were so loud." Jimin smiled weakly, tears cascading down his face, "I don't know how many hours had passed when the police came in. All I remember was them taking away her body from me. I-I couldn't even say that I loved her back, I couldn't even say goodbye-"

The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face. He could feel the muscles of his chin tremble like a small child. The memories though hazy, the pain was still distinct. 

Yoongi pulled him closer into a hug. Jimin nuzzled his face in his chest as he cried. The elder rubbed circles on his back in hopes for comforting him.

"You didn't have to say those words to her, Jimin." Yoongi whispered, "She already knew that you loved her."

Dry racking sobs shooked Jimin's body. His cheeks stained with tears, blotched red. His blurry eyes carried a distraught look in him.  But he felt better after crying. He had never opened up to his past to anyone. All time he wanted to cry from the memories, but he couldn't. Because he knew that if he broke down once, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from falling. Not if he didn't have anyone he could trust to stop him from falling. 

Yoongi didn't ask him to stop crying and he more than grateful for that. He didn't say anything like 'it's okay'. He didn't try to comfort him because there was no point it. It hurt. It hurt like hell to lose the last person that was his family. Jimin didn't need toxic positivity. Somethings are not okay and he learnt to accept that.  All Yoongi did was hold Jimin as he cried. And for Jimin, nothing could've been better than that.

Because sometimes, what you want to hear is exactly what you don't need to hear. All you need is someone to listen to you without offering fake condolences or alternatives.