Johnny Depp

"You know, money doesn't change anybody. Money reveals them. Same thing with success."       

"I don't want to be famous."

"I get very uncomfortable watching myself.

"People cry not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long."

"Ultimately, the truth will come out in all of this and I will be standing on the right side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will be too."

"I like hiding. You hide because you don't want to be looked at."

"My fans are my soldiers they are the ones that keep me alive and afloat for a long time and I adore them."

"They tell you to be yourself, then they judge you."

"If you don't fight for what you want then don't cry for what you lost."

"Start loving yourself and you won't care who hates you."

"It's only a bad day, not a bad life."

"Breath and remember who the f*ck you are."

"Sometimes you meet someone and even through you never liked brown eyes before, their eyes are your new favourite colour."

"I'm shy, paranoid whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it."

"If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different colour."

"There is a drive in me that won't allow me to do certain things that are easy.

"People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behaviour, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people."

"My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her Daddy did. She answered, "he's a pirate." I was very proud of that answer."

"To be a star you must shine your light, follow your own path and don't worry about the darkness for that is when the stars shine brightest."

"Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it."

"Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience."

"I'm not sure that life is supposed to mean anything or be anything at all. But as long as you have the opportunity to breath, breath."

JD says because of abuse in childhood by his mother. "It turned me against violence. I would prefer to confrontation. When I knew I was going to have a baby in 1998, one of my promises was I would raise my children in the opposite way to the way I was raised." 

"I'd just thank the people out there who have been with my up-and-down, weird-road, strange career and supported me and stuck with me all these years. I mean, they're my boss. That's what keeps me working."

"Thank you very, very much to the people. It really feels good to say that because you are, in fact, my employer. You are my boss. So, thank you very, very much for this great honour. I hope someday to make you all a cup of coffee."

"In each and every moment we're composing stories of our lives, let's aim to make it a meaningful read... or at least an interesting one."

"It was such a shock, to get the news that I'd been nominated [for the Oscar]. My first reaction was 'why?' On one level I was flattered; but it's not what I'm working for. And when I didn't win the thing -- oh, I was ecstatic. Absolutely ecstatic. I applauded the lucky winner [Sean Penn] and said, "thank god!"

"Oscars. I don't want to win one of those things ever."

"You're a work of art. Not everyone will understand you, but the one who do, will never forget about you."

"Always speak how you feel and never be sorry for being real."

"Better to not know which moment may be your last. Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all."

"Be crazy enough to know you can do anything in life."

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." 

"Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for."

"Anything I've done up till 27 May, 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the thing you don't want to feel." 

"I don't respect those who don't respect me. You call is EGO, I call it self-respect." 

"Don't ever mistake my kindness for weakness." 

"I am only here because of you, and I am only here for you."