"Of course." I said getting out of the freezer and locking it close.

Going back into the house I closed the door and was face to face with Gage, slightly taken back I fell back onto the door.

"Where have you been?" He asked, crossing his arms and staring at me.

"Walking." I answered, it wasn't a complete lie, I was walking back into the house from the shed in the yard.

"Why?" He asked

"I have a lot going through my mind, a walk is nice." I said smiling at him.

"What are you hiding?" He asked

"There's a piggy bank filled with money on top of our shelf because I know you can't reach the top." I confessed staring at him.

"Wha-" He said looking down at himself, "Am I really that small?" He asked, looking a bit sad at his height.

There wasn't a big height difference between us, I was only a few centimeters taller than him so.

"Aren't you tired? It's early in the morning. Come on, let's go to bed." I said grabbing his hand.

Bringing him back upstairs I laid down next to him, "Sleep please." I commanded pushing my head into his chest.

"Night Patton." I heard him say, "Good night Gage..." I whispered back.

Next morning I got ready quickly and went back out in the shed after I knew Gage's dad was getting ready for work.

Going back into the cellar I saw Mrs. Harrison on the table chewing on a packet of Fruit Snacks.

She looked at me and swallowed down the fruit snacks, "Here." I said setting a bucket next to her and gave her a water bottle.

Leaving her again I went back to our room to see a shirtless Gage. Peeking through the food to see him change and I bit my lip in excitement.

He always looked so good, and it was so fun watching him grow up...in certain places more than others.

"Patton!" I heard Gage's dad shout from downstairs making me want to put a knife in his head for ruining my time while staring at Gage.

Sighing a tiny bit I went back downstairs, "Yes?" I asked

"I'm going to be out later than usual to get a remake of the cellar key." He said and I quietly froze inside.

"Alright." I said going back upstairs only to see Gage already ready for school making me pout.

...

"Patton, are you ok?" Gage asked, looking at me worriedly spinning his pencil while getting ready to leave the classroom

"Yes, I'm fine. Hey I'm not gonna make it to lunch alright? Please don't wait for me." I said smiling at him.

"More work?" He asked looking at me.

Nodding a bit I said, "Yes, I'll try to spend more time with you later, ok?" I said packing up my stuff.

"K, have fun." Gage said writing in his notebook.

Smiling at him softly I went to the 9th grade math teacher. I can't even remember his name, that's how little I cared for him.

But...he gets me what I need.

"Hi Patton." The teacher said and I smiled forcefully.

"I need a favor." I stated and he looked at me, "Sure anything for my student." He said setting down his pencil and giving me his full attention.