Chapter 20: With Me - Training Camp Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Be a dear and set for me, will you?" You said, a newfound confidence bubbling from deep within. The setter looked confused, to say the least. Despite that, he got up, and you tossed up. Setting right towards the right wing spiker position, Sugawara smiled in shock. You never failed to amaze him.

Running up from the back, you positioned your hands behind your back to get the highest vertical jump possible. And you... flew.

Well, you would've flown.

But uh.

Gravity.

And you just had lunch.

You felt your butt hit the ground with a loud THUD. You winced and smiled sheepishly through the pain rushing up your spine. Heat was quick to rush to your face when the ball fell, untouched, in front of you. :D how fun you just embarrassed yourself in front of your friend. Smooth.

"(Y/n)!" Sugawara, the mother, rushed to your side.

"I'm fine," You said, turning away, to ensure he didn't see how red your face was. 

"Do you need to go to the nurse? Maybe take the day off? You shouldn't have tried to spike a ball when you aren't very experienced or haven't even warmed up since lunch! It's unsafe, you-"

"It's okay. I'm okay. Let's try that again," Your head cooled down and the pain in your butt disappeared, so you stood up slowly. "I should be able to do this if I want to be a starter with you."

"With me," Sugawara mumbled, one of his hands falling from a distressed position on his forehead to a thoughtful one resting right over his mouth. He put his other hand out to help you stabilize yourself and you took it gratefully.

"Yeah," You breathed, getting lost in your thoughts. "With you."

Since then, you were even more pumped to practice. Every chance you got, you continued to practice your setter dump and spiking skills. You got to the point where you could time your jumps right, but you were missing the power. 

"Uuuuuuughhh," You groaned, finally tired of practicing. "Why can't I just be athletic? Everything would be so much easier."

You were leaning against the wall with a towel draped over your shoulder and a cool water bottle on your forehead. The practice games had ended and Kageyama and Hinata had gotten their new quick down. It was scary, but made you want to work even harder. And so you stayed in the gym, skipping dinner, practicing jump serves by yourself. At least then you could apply that to your spiking mechanics.

You heard a creak and jumped. The door opened.

You nearly screamed. A man with long hair over his face beckoned for you.

"AGH SATAN HAS COME-" 

You were sure you were going to hell for your sins. For reading lemons >.> (dw so is author-chan)
The man seemed to quiver and shrink. "S-Satan?" He asked in a saddened voice.

"A-Ah! Asahi! You scared me," You exclaimed, reassuring him. "N-No, I don't think you're Satan."
You heard laughs come from the door. Nishinoya and Tanaka were dying and Daichi and Suga were laughing.

"(Y/n)," Asahi replied in a small voice. "We were just gonna tell you that we think you should get ready now."

"But I want to spend every second I can practicing. This is training camp, isn't it?" The second and third years looked at you with pride. They all shared one brain cell. She's grown so much!
After a few seconds of their reminiscence, they snapped back to their senses.