Her mother had left the tent long ago to mingle with the Ladies of Rhaella and Rhaella herself, not wanting to miss an opportunity to find what sort of family her husband and Drazenko had promised her daughter to. Leaving Sheria in their tent alone.

The tent flap opened after Sheria had sat down on a wooden log, thinking to herself.

"Have I caught you at a bad time?"

"My Prince," Sheria rose to her feet, curtseying to the Prince in front of her.

"There's no need for that," Rhaegar said bashfully, raising his hand in protest. "I only came to see if you were alright."

Sheria had observed very quickly that Rhaegar was quite the romantic, wanting to find out more about his betrothed to be every second that he was free from the Kingsguard or the nobles that had accompanied them to Storms End ... worse yet, Drazenko had taken it upon himself to make best acquaintances with Rhaegar.

"Yes, it's all fine thank you ... Rhaegar," Sheria responded, sitting back down on the log she had occupied only a few moments before.

Rhaegar moved to sit next to her, waiting for her to move a little to the left to give him room, "I hope the journey isn't tiring you. It's quite short compared to other places. But you will learn all about Westeros when you are comfortable in Kingslanding."

"Well I know Storms End is close to Dragonstone," Sheria recounted their earlier conversations. Rhaegar had been excited to share his knowledge of the nation, spending the entire night of their first break telling her the history of Dragonstone. Sheria had known a little about it, from her brother Drazenko's endless ramblings, but Rhaegar had taught her much more.

Rhaegar smiled proudly at her, "well done," he nudged his shoulder with hers, his leather jacket rubbing against her bare skin. Sheria felt her face grow hot, he had an effect on her that she did not particularly enjoy. Ever since their first kiss, he had a hold of her, and she was unsure of how to shake herself from his hold.

In Lys, had she liked someone she would kiss them and leave them believing they had her heart, but they never truly did. Rhaegar didn't either, it was merely an attraction to his soft features, waterlike movements and tall stature.

"Thank you," Sheria smiled, looking at her bed and avoiding his light eyes. "I learnt from a good teacher."

He nodded back to her, "of course," Rhaegar had told Sheria of being jested as a young boy for having his head in the books, wanting no parts in being a warrior. Something he had to eventually partake in as was asked of his princely duties. "I must confess something to you Shiera."

She perked at his words, "yes?"

"When we marry," when, "it is said I will be the father of a great destiny. Are you prepared to be the mother of it?" Unsure of what he was insinuating Sheria cocked her head to the side in question. Rhaegar let out a nervous chuckle, his eyes falling to his hands that were on his thighs. "I ... you will think I am insane."

"No, it's alright, tell me," Sheria pressed.

"There is a prophecy, do you remember how I told I had been compelled to pick up a sword and shield," Sheria nodded at his words, recalling his story, "My great-uncle, Maester Aemon, told me a prophecy which he believes is me. As do I. It goes, born amidst salt and smoke, beneath a bleeding star."

"And that is you?"

He nodded once, "yes. I was born during the tragedy of Summerhall when my family tried to birth dragons. It did not work ... obviously. The salt from the wails of those mourning and dying, and the smoke -,"

"The fire."

"And I am to father a three-headed dragon-,"

"Three children."

"You are clever," Rhaegar noted, surprised that she had caught on so quickly.

"Well it's not like you have real dragons," Shiera pointed out, reminding Rhaegar of his family's fault in losing the Targaryen's defining feature.

He pursed his lips and laughed uncomfortably, "you are right."

They sat in silence as Sheria processed his words, "so you are telling me I must give you three children? Should we marry?"

"Yes."

Sheria was unsure if Rhaegar was all too sane now, never knowing anyone to take written words so seriously. "Is that a must?"

"It is a must," Rhaegar responded sternly, placing his pale palm on top of hers.

"Then I will do my duty to you or try at least."

Oh, how Sheria would regret promising such words to the brooding Prince, words that they would both never forget.

...

Testing this. I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Are you wanting more of brooding Rhaegar or romantic Rhaegar – I find him so much more fun to write as a romantic but also is it him? I'm not sure, it's AU so I can do whatever but really it comes down to what y'all enjoy reading.

2. How are you doing with quarantine/isolation/COVID-19? It's rough out here, I know, I have nothing to say because I don't know what everyone goes through but feel free to message me to chat!

3. That's it, my bird brain forgot the other questions :P

UNEDITED – because I am extremely lazy :'(