Chapter 4

STORMS END

STORMS END

277 AC

Stormlands – Storms End

It had been a week since they had landed at Shipbreaker Bay - an entire week of mourning and new beginnings. Shiera attended the funeral of Stannis and Cassana Baratheon, she knew that many people around them had wondered if her family would hold a funeral for her father but she knew Drazenko too well and was sure her father's body was long gone by now. 

After two days of mourning, a premature amount of time she felt for everyone, but given the circumstances, there was no time to dwell - Robert was pronounced the Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. The ceremony was short, with what Shiera assumed was a priest of some sort coming in and blessing Robert. There was a short and small dinner and that was that. 

And now here she was, looking down at the dress that Robert had promised he'd have made for her announcement to Rhaegar. It was a deep red colour and fashioned in a way the seamstress told her many of the Westoresi women dressed. Shiera's mother, Alyse, approved of the dress greatly and thanked Robert more times than she could count. 

"You don't have to, your hospitality during your mourning has been more than enough," Alyse had said to him, gazing at the dress with pride. 

Robert shook his head, "nonsense!" he had told the seamstress to have him called once the dress was finished. "Have you tried it on?" he asked Shiera.

She nodded back in response. "It's lovely, thank you again, Robert." 

"And you Lady Alyse, have you tried yours on?" Robert asked once more, he couldn't leave the mother of the soon to be Queen dressed in anything but the best. 

"Yes. How could we ever thank you?" Alyse sighed. 

"Get married to the Prince so we can all find some peace." 

She had been awoken only a few moments ago as the Targaryen travelling party had been seen near the castle. The maids that Robert appointed to her had laid the dress out for her and brought up a box of jewellery that again Robert had lent to her. Shiera made a mental note to thank him properly if she ever had the chance. 

As she had opted out of taking a bath so early in the morning Shiera asked the maids to leave her so she could dress. 

"But your hair-," one of the maids piped up. 

"Have you brought up a brush?" Shiera asked her, the maid nodded, "then I shall be fine. Thank you." 

She washed her hands and face in the basin provided, brushed her hair out and looked through the jewellery box - clipping two strands back using a simple silver clip. She then put her new shoes on, they were quite practical, and then her dress. Once Shiera had taken off her warm night clothing she couldn't help but wonder if making the dress practical as well would have been better.