Chapter 3

SHIPBREAKER BAY

SHIPBREAKER BAY

277 AC

Stormlands – Shipbreaker Bay

She couldn't bear the feeling of sand between her feet, especially knowing her father's dead body had been dragged through the very same substance. Holding her mother's tightly, Shiera followed her eldest brother as he led them to a dozen or so boulder-sized men. As Drazenko neared them, the man who stood front and centre of the group came forward to greet them.

Letting her daughters hand go, Alyse spoke up, fearing her son would ruin ties with the Baratheon's before they had even been made. "Our condolences Lord Baratheon had we known a storm was-,"

Robert Baratheon held his hand up in protest, "both our families have lost a father today, there's no need for that Lady Rogare."

There was shuffling behind them and Shiera watched as their hired men from Lys carried everyone else's trunks towards the ghastly castle behind them. How had she not noticed it?

A younger looking boy who had been stood as still as stone stepped forward to stand next to Robert. "Your men can follow ours up towards the castle, the entrance gets a little confusing."

Robert glowered at the younger boy, "you must excuse my younger brother, he has forgotten his manners. Stannis, second son."

Drazenko scoffed, "you take us for fools, I have studied your families lineage Lord Baratheon."

Robert frowned at Drazenko, obviously, his father had not warned him of his .. crude nature. "Lord –" the young, new Lord Paramount of the Stormlands was cut off from introductions.

Drazenko glared up at the boy, though Robert Baratheon was younger than him, he stood close to his height. "Where's my father's body?" He asked, watching as Robert looked his family up and down twice.

It was Alyse's turn to cut off her son. The boy had just lost both his parents, they were all mourning. "We must thank you for welcoming us into your home Lord Robert, on such a short notice."

Drazenko rolled his eyes at her lack of knowledge on Westerosi manners. "And so on and so on...show us the body."

Robert looked down at Drazenko, amazed at his coldness. Was this supposed man not his father, assuming by the sad looks etched on his mother and siblings faces. "It's in the crypts, we figured you'd want the body cleaned and-..."

Fuck this man was rude, Robert thought to himself, he was cut off again!

"He's dead, what possible reason would we want the body cleaned for?"

"Respect," it was Stannis Baratheon's turn to talk, angered by the disrespect that the foreigner showed his brother.

"I only respect those with a heartbeat," Drazenko snapped back, his red eyes boring into Stannis' own.