Chapter 23

Daichi's POV

"Daichi, where are we going??" Suga asked, one of his hands covering his eyes while the other held my hand. I just smiled, guiding him down the little trail, alerting him when there was a rock or stump he'd have to step over. Luckily, we made it to our destination with no trips.

"Alright, you can open your eyes now." I said, Suga uncovering his eyes. Blinking a few times before laughing slightly. I kept a hold of his hand and helped him down the slight slope and onto the flat ground where a stream was. I had brought a blanket in the bag over my shoulder, so I grabbed it and laid it out. Suga sitting down with me, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Wow, it's pretty here Daichi." He said, holding my hand. I quietly played with the ring I had given him on Christmas, Suga watching my finger gently twist or touch the silver ring. Gee, he and I have been dating for what, only a few months? But I already felt like I wanted to marry him. The thought of a gold wedding band on his slender finger sounded a lot better. My thoughts were broken when Suga pulled away and moved into my lap, giving me a kiss.

"What're you thinking about Daichi? You're being awful quiet.."

"I'm thinking about you. How much you mean to me. And about how much I love you." I said, Suga blushing faintly with a smile, shyly saying he loved me back. I laughed, wrapping my arms around him.

"You better love me back."

"I do! I promise!" He said with a laugh when I tickled his neck slightly. He hummed in contentment, cuddling me while listening to the sound of running water and birds chirping high up in the trees. Sometimes an occasional chatter from a squirrel or crunching of leaves. Suga and I spent a good few hours there, in comfortable silence and admiring the scenic area before us. After a while, Suga mumbled with his face buried in my neck.

"Daichi. I don't wanna go back to work.. next week will be hard.."

"I know baby.. but, you can't quit..."

"I know I know. And, I'll be glad to see Takeda again, and all the kids.. But at the same time, you know.."

"Yeah, it'll be strange. But you have to be there for the other kids. And I know you love your work, and I'll be sure to visit during my break." I said, Suga smiling faintly and giving me a nod before returning to just listening to the sounds around us in silence. My poor love must be tired, he ended up crashing in my lap. Not that I minded, he had a lot of rest to catch up on. The best I could, I stood up and carried Suga back to the cabin, ignoring the blanket. It was an old blanket anyway and besides, I wasn't about to lay my boyfriend on a forest floor to pack it.

Finally back at the cabin. I took Suga to bed and tucked him in before going downstairs to take off my bag and put the things inside it away. It wasn't much, but I had brought some water and food in case. I spent some time downstairs, going through my phone to make sure the weather would be fine, and it make sure everything was fine at work. A bit surprised when a friend of mine from high school messaged me.

Asahi: Hey, are you busy??

Me: Not at the moment, I'm not at home though

Asahi: Oh, thats okay. Well, kind of

Me: Did you need something?

Asahi: Well, I would report it to the police but, I don't want anything bad happening or it to be a big deal

Me: What is it

Asahi: Some kid pickpocketed me. It was a boy

Me: What'd he take

Asahi: It was a gift I had bought for Noya, it was a pretty expensive ring

Me: Alright, did you get a chance to see the kid at all?

Asahi: Not to well, he had a hoodie on with the hood up. But he looked like he was a bit older, maybe 15? somewhere in that at least height range

Me: Okay. Well, I'm going back home with Suga tomorrow morning, I'll take a look into it for you

Asahi: Thanks, I just don't want a kid to be arrested or anything. I know what he's doing isn't right but, you know

Me: I understand. Sounds a lot like something Suga would do. I'll let you know what I find