xli. noona

I smiled as I sent a text message to Jungkook. We—together with our org mates planned to go out and have a barbecue party tonight because of our successful project with the orphans and the elderly.

The day went fast. The usual things happened; quizzes, tons of activities were given in such a short amount of time, boring discussions, and a little bit nap in between. This day was normal, though. It scares me how this day would end.

I shook the worries away then proceeded to the activities I should do so I wouldn't be cramming. Heh, bet I won't be able to do this because of my short-short (I mean it!) attention span. So I'd probably still cram.

When the school day ended, I called all my org mates and told them that I would probably be late because my Dad told me to run a simple errand for him so I did. It wasn't a big deal, though. I got to have additional money for drinking later. Hehe!

They were starting to drink when I came. We're supposed to be more than 10 but only 6 of us attended. I greeted them and kissed their cheeks. Well, I didn't introduce them to you yet, right?

There's Yiren, the 1st year representative. She's younger than me but her alcohol tolerance was.. YEAH. That freaking high. Moving on, the other two representatives were absent so there's Nayeon, the 4th year representative. She set this celebration up. Well, in our parties, she presented to be the one in-charge in looking for the venues and organizing them with our treasurer, Jisoo.

The secretary was here and is kinda tipsy, too. "Jackson!" I shouted in embarrassment. He's a pain in the ass, really. He's already rolling his hips while holding the bottle of soju and laughing so hard then sat down when I shouted. Good.

Going back, the last one before me was the vice president, which is Jeon Jungkook who was sitting beside me. He is silent and that's new. So I tapped the table which made him flinch a little and looked at me. Then he smiled. "Hi, Miss President!"

And that's what I like about him. He instantly smiles when he sees me. Well, that's Jungkook for you. He loves smiling. He smiles at everyone. He's like sunshine—but personified.

But something is definitely wrong with him. Specifically tonight. I rarely see him think this deeply specially that we're partying tonight.

So I nudged one of his closest friends in our org. None other than Jackson, who has just sat down from a really exhausting dance production number. "Hey," I called his attention. "What happened to him?"

"Him?! Who's him?!" he alertedly and exaggeratedly said. I slapped his face so he'd wake up. "Aw! What the fuck, Lali?!"

I rolled my eyes and just tapped the chopsticks on my plate, waiting for answers. I know Jackson is terrified whenever he sees me tapping something on a surface so I'm doing it now.

"Ah! Because he likes—" he was cut off when a flying pork belly went in his mouth then I looked at Jungkook, who was currently looking so glumly. "He.. he likes someone! Hehe!" Jackson hesitated on what he was saying.

Jungkook likes...

Oh. He likes someone now? That's great.

But why am I feeling a pang of pain on my chest? Jungkook is one of my closest friends not only in this organization, but in the entire university. I met him when I had a breakdown at the university's rooftop and he was there, studying. He helped me how to manage my time. He also helped me how to get in our organization. I really admire him on how matured he is knowing that he is younger than me.

I looked at him, and he raised his hands, "Noona! Don't listen to this dumbo!" he looks a little irritated, though. And he even stood up and went beside Jackson and hit him in the head.

Noona. I just let a chuckle and smiled, "Don't be shy, baby boy," I pat his head and smirked. Even though.. I don't know. I don't know what I am feeling anymore. "You can tell me," I encouraged him more.

He just smiled at me, I can see his eyes smiling, too. "You," he paused, obviously alarmed on what he said, and coughed. "You would be the first one to know if I'm ready.." he sighed. "And when she's ready, too, of course," Jungkook stood up and reached for a bottle of soju and opened it. And he poured some on my glass. "Would that be okay, noona?"

I wanted to shout at him. It's okay to call me noona. Everyone younger than me can call me noona or unnie. But for some reason, when Jungkook calls me that, I instantly become irritated. But I just let that pass, because he is just being polite and respects me.

I sighed and poured myself some more soju. Yeah, fuck it, I'd be single for the rest of my life.

I didn't realize that they're already dancing and I'm left here, with Jungkook just staring at them while munching some fries.

"Why are you not drinking?" I asked. It's a Saturday tomorrow. The examinations are finished. The organization programs are done, too. Was he thinking of courting the woman he likes? God, this is more stressful than losing the funds on the org.

"What are you thinking?" he started laughing. "Your face is like a crumpled paper," he stated, making me snort. Jungkook just laughed harder. "I'm going to take you home, Miss. You didn't take your car, right? One of us should be sober," then he look away, facing our chaotic friends slash org mates.

I'm staring at his side profile, admiring every inch of his face. Then I spoke, "You know what," I said and blinked slowly, "I like you,"

He seemed to be taken aback for a moment but faced me and smiled a little, "I like you too," he smiled bigger. "noona,"

Jungkook was a great catch. He is smart, patient, harworking, and he was really independent.

But he calls me noona.

Tell me how to move on. Now. Damn it.

***

FOR WEEKS im contemplating on how i should end this 😭

i really enjoy chill & happy chapters lately .. dw angst is coming! hehe

:>