Chapter 27

Whitefang turned around and walked away from his son. ‘I couldn’t let him kill you son. You have to understand that.’ Whitefang though. He sighed and walked towards the direction of the castle. In a distance he can see the tiny white flags which are on the castle. ‘I’m getting closer.’ Whitefang thought. ‘Maybe I should have just stayed at Oscar’s...’ Whitefang sighed and picked up his paste. After a while he was a the draw bridge of the castle. There were 5 guards standing there. Whitefang walked towards them, but when he was going to go through, when a guard stopped him with his sword.

“King Berotius has banned you from ever stepping in the castle.” The guards said.

“What! I demand to see him!” Whitefang snarled. The guard scowled.

“We were ordered not to let you in. Without orders from the king-”

“Its okay” A voice cut off the guard. Sparky walked up to the scene.

“C-corporal Sparky!?” The guards said in sync.

“Its alright, I got new orders from the king to let him in.” Sparky lied. The guards nodded and stepped aside. Whitefang went though.

“I want to see him. Now.” Whitefang growled. Sparky nodded.

“Of course, right this way.” He said and led the way to the throne room. “Your majesty. You have someone who wishes to see you.” Sparky said. Chronos nodded his head.

“Let them in.” He replied. Sparky nodded and step aside to let Whitefang in. Whitefang walked into the room. He walked until he was at least 3m away from where Chronos sat. Whitefang sat down. Chronos growled.

“What do you want?” He scowled.

“I came back, with a little news.” Whitefang said calmly. Chronos raised and eyebrow.

“And what are these news?” He asked.

“You're sister is on her way. She should arrive here shortly if she knows her way.” Whitefang said. Chronos chuckled.

“That hardly news. I can smell her scent.” He said. He stood up.

“You came to my kingdom uninvited just to tell me that?” He asked. He bent down to Whitefang’s level.

“Surely there is more you wish to say.” He mused.

“You have to let me back in. You must still remember that promise?” Whitefang said. Chronos smirked.

“Of course I remember that promise. You were still a pup but I remember how you pleaded to me to take you with me.” He said. He thought for a moment.

“You made me believe my owner abandoned me.” Whitefang said. Chronos nodded.