Familiar Faces

Kurapika POV

I walked up the stairs to my apartment. Today was another long day of failed job interviews. And this morning I realized I had to go grocery shopping. I was low on money and no one would hire me. How great is that? I adjusted my grip on the bags. Why did life have to be so difficult? Sometimes I wish I could lay down and not do anything for a whole day. But of course, I had job interviews and Woble kept me on my feet. Why couldn't Queen Oito keep her? Why was I stuck with her? I guess it's fine but she said she'd get her when she's twenty. Due to this, my hunt for the Scarlet Eyes has been postponed. But if I were to ever get a lead on them, Woble would get a babysitter. And I would be gone for long.

I sighed and shifting the bags so that they were in my arms. I really needed to stop getting paper bags. I reached for my keys in my pocket almost dropping the bags. I fumbled with the keys, trying to get them in the lock. Jeez, I felt like a white girl in a horror movie. The bags began to fall and yelped. But suddenly two hands lifted them back. "You need help with that," someone asked. I couldn't see their face because of the bags (and maybe my height) but they seemed to be nice. "Thank you," I said. "I needed help." They held the bags steady as I unlocked my door. I heard them chuckle. "Maybe you would stop getting paper bags," they said. I sighed. "I was just thinking the same thing," I replied.

I opened my door and grabbed the bags by the handles again. I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Again thank you," I said. I turned my face to the person who helped me. When I saw them I tried not to gasp. His eyes widened too, he recognized me. At the same time, we said each other's names. "Kurapika?" "Leorio?"

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, the next chapter will be longer. I promise!