Chapter 5: That Escalated Quickly

Start from the beginning

It was no wonder she didn't listen; she was no longer sleepwalking.

"Were you trying to kill me!?" Bex whirled around to face Lyssa.

"What gave it away?" Lyssa rolled her eyes.

Bex opened her mouth to say something but before she could Lyssa tapped her on the shoulder and she went falling back off the roof. Bex screamed all the way down. unfortunately for Lyssa, she fell into the bushes and lived.

"Ow!" Bex complained.

In a flash, Lyssa was by her side. She grabbed Bex by the arm and yanked her from the bushed.

"You could have killed me!" Bex pushed her away.

"That was the whole point," Lyssa frowned at her.

"You said I had a month!"

"That was before you ticked me off and started flapping your lips. Now I have to get rid of you before Slayers come."

"Slayers?"

"Vampire Slayers Rebecca," Lyssa rolled her eyes.

"Wait, those are a thing?"

"You truly are dense."

"Am not!" Bex pulled twigs out of her hair.

The sound of cars approaching caused Lyssa's pointed ears to perk up.

"Come, let's get you back inside. I'll just try again later." She quickly scooped Rebecca into her arms.

Bex clung tightly to Lyssa as the vampire leaped into the air and landed on the roof with a hard thud.

"Let go of me!" She wiggled around in her arms.

"Will you stop, I'm not going to throw you," Lyssa snapped at her.

"Yeah right! Put me down!"

"Stop it!" Lyssa shouted as she nearly lost her footing.

A car pulled up to the house and Lyssa tensed up.

"Put the girl down!" A man called.

"What the—who's that?" Bex peeked over Lyssa to look.

"Slayers," Lyssa hissed.

Just then one of the men shot a harpoon gun which stabbed right through Lyssa's back. The exact same spot where her large scar was.

"Ah!" Lyssa cried out in pain as the silver hooks burned her.

Bex once again screamed as they were both pulled off the roof. Lyssa tossed Bex into the bushes, saving her as she slammed into the ground below.

"Watch it, you could have killed her," An older man wearing a ski mask and army looking tactical gear chastised the younger man with the harpoon gun wearing similar get up.

"But I didn't, we can't let her get away."

Bex struggled to her feet once more.

"Get the stakes ready!" The older man called.

Two more people came out of the van, stakes at the ready.

Lyssa struggled to get up, baring her fangs and hissing at the slayers.

"Let's see how you like this," the harpoon line lit up with an electric current.

Lyssa cried out in pain and curled up on herself.

Bex eyed the four slayers as they crowded around Lyssa. Lyssa moved to rip the harpoon out of her back, Bex moved to help her.

"Stay back!" One of the slayer guys pulled her back preventing her from going to Lyssa.