Chapter 35: Fiosolim

A sharp pain pierced through Pugnum's mind. It felt as if he was shot with an arrow right between the eyes. His cries bounced off the damp walls that surrounded him within the dark cave where he dwelled.

His followers were shaken out of their silent worship to enquire after the safety of their master. A dangerous glare from Pugnum silenced their questioning tongues and they bowed their heads again in perfect unison.

Pugnum got to his feet and flung his black cape behind him as he walked away from his throne of shadows.

"What was that?" he demanded to the dark presence within his mind.

I've - been - torn - apart! Noir-Astra replied through heaving gasps.

Never had the lord of darkness ever sounded so weak, this shook Pugnum to his very core.

"What do you mean?"

Astrid she is gone and she has taken a part of me with her...

"Gone? Gone where?"

The non-magical realm! Noir-Astra clearly began to sound more and more frustrated the more he spoke, but Pugnum didn't care. Doubt had sown its seed within his mind about the darkness' true power.

"How is this possible?"

The Fiosolim wench found a way to learn how to open the portal!

"And you weren't warned by the seer family of this development?" Pugnum spat out through sneering laughter. "It is laughable how easy it was for those two to get the better of you!"

SILENCE!

Noir-Astra screamed from within Pugnum's scoffing mind. The volume of his angry yell caused unspeakable pain to grab behind Pugnum's eyes. He fell to his knees clawing at his temples. The sound taking over his thoughts caused him to be deaf to his own screams of agony.

You dare to mock me! Don't you forget Pugnum, I own you and I can easily destroy you! As Noir-Astra spoke an unbearable high-pitched screeching tore through Pugnum's brain.

"Stop!"

I live inside your mind!

"Stop... please!"

All I have to do is tear down these walls around me and you'll become nothing!

"STOP!"

Pugnum was then thrown to the ground and silence pressed in on him. Eventually, all he could hear was his laboured breath as he recovered from the torture Noir-Astra put him through.

Now, servant of mine, are you going to forget your place again?

Pugnum shook his head and he could feel Noir-Astra's satisfied grin stretch inside his mind.

Understand, the prophecy has to come to pass! Astrid must return someday, and when she does. We'll be ready for her.

"W-what must we do in the meantime?" Pugnum asked, still shaken by the pain he felt moments ago.

We must recruit those who matter! People with power. Declared Noir-Astra's rumbling growl. But first, we must pay a visit to the Fiosolim household.

 But first, we must pay a visit to the Fiosolim household