12 | skinny love

skinny love by bon iver

CW: Eating disorders, hints at child abuse

Theo:

I'm pacing outside the hospital wing, June wouldn't let me come in. I need to see her. I can just feel it's happened again.

How did we not notice? How did I not notice? I was too fucking busy in my own drama to notice my best friend is killing herself slowly. I hear the door click open and immediately stop.

"You can-" June says but I don't hear anything else she says because I push past her and rush into the room. She's sitting up drinking water. I take it from her.

"No more water, Blaise stop acting like a dick, go get some pumpkin juice or pollyweed water. She's had enough water. Draco go grab her some crackers or something. " She flips me off and I do the same.

I'm so fucking mad at her, but it's not her fault, I know that I just. She's like the sister I never had. I love her so much, I hate to see her hurting herself, but we all do it, we just have different ways, but this could literally kill her.

"I'm so sorry, I should have noticed."

"It's fine, it still would have happened."

"Fuck, is it because of the ball?" she nods, the winter ball is the biggest occasion for Deatheaters. "I'm going to kill your mother."

"I'm fine, it's fine. Look I'll eat more, I just let me wait it out till the ball."

"You know I can't do that." she sighs.

"I have to go, and my dress is far too small." Damnit, I really hate her mother.

"What dress?" Blaise walks in cluelessly, don't get me wrong I love them both, but they never really understood Pansy and I's relationship.

They don't know everything about Pans and she wants to keep it that way. She's used to being on her own.

"Nothing," I say through clenched teeth.

"For the ball?"

"Yep," Pansy says, faking a smile. June went to get Charlotte and Sage, Snape didn't let them out of class. But I don't know why they let these two duffuses come instead.

"Ugh I really don't want to go but my mums making me," Draco says complaining.

"Me either, but I can probably get a hot date out of it, so I mean," Blaise says laughing. "So what about your dress?" Blaise questions.

"Oh it's just a bit small, I'm gonna go on a diet before the ball so I can fit into it, you know how my mum is." She lies right through her teeth.

"Why don't you just get it hemmed?" Draco questions, hold on this dumbass might actually have a bit of a brain, why didn't I think about that.

"My mum'll get mad."

"Let's do it without her permission!' I say happy I can actually help her for once.

"I don't know guys." she protests.

"Don't know about what?" Sage asks

"Fuck you scared, us," Charlotte says going over to hug Pansy.

"Be gentle" June warns, so that Pans rolls her eyes and tugs June to her by the shirt, kissing her roughly.

"I'm fine baby, don't worry." June's bright red as she pulls away and sits back down next to her. Charlotte hugs her and then so does Sage. "But really I am fine, you guys can go, you have classes."

"No we have Potions we would love to stay!" Sage says laughing and Charlotte butts in

"Yep exactly, he's been brutal lately."

"I'm staying," I say firmly and everyone starts laughing. "What?"

"Nothing," Blaise says hiding his laughter.

"Wait so what were you guys talking about before we got here?" Sage says reiterating her question.

"We're going to steal Pansy's dress and fix it up," Draco says moving around uncomfortably, he and I are the only ones standing.

Pansy's arm is draped around June on her right, Sage sits below June and Charlotte is on the left of Pansy. Blaise is below Char and I sit down on the edge in the middle.

"Draco come sit, you're the only one not," Pansy says. He grimaces and I assume it's because of the mistake last summer and the only other seat is next to Sage.

But I don't really care to move, and apparently, no one else does because we all stay still. They need to sort out their shit.

"Actually I really have to work on this project, I'll visit you later Pans, and we are going to get that dress." Merlin can he just own up to it and fucking apologize.