𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

Niklaus drags Sophie into the house, putting her in one of the chairs as Lily and Rebekah sit on a couch. waiting. "We had a deal" Klaus starts off as he looks down at Sophie. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches" Klaus rants, taking a seat in the chair beside the couch Rebekah and Lilith were sitting in.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." "You're lucky you are or I would have already snapped your neck" Lily seethes. "Who were they?" Rebekah asks. "They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby." "What kind of vision?"

Sophie glances towards Lilith which doesn't go unnoticed before shaking her head. "She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." Sophie sighs. "Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus demands, leaning forward. "Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." Sophie informs them.

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second" Klaus smirks. "There's something else, isn't there? Something you're not telling us" Lily brings up. "No" Sophie denies. "Then why'd you glance at me when we asked?" Lily wonders. Sophie doesn't answer. "I'm gonna count to three, Sophie Devereaux and you don't want to find what happens at three" Lilith warns her.

"It doesn't matter right now, Lilith. She can tell us later." Rebekah sends her a look. Lily growls, leaning back in her seat as she scowls at the witch who refuses to look at her. "Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tried to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah pleads.

"Elijah is talking to Davina?" "That wasn't an answer, luv" Lily tents her fingers as she keeps her eyes on Sophie. "As we speak, I imagine." Rebekah answers her question. "I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd." Sophie nods. "Do tell" Klaus motions for her to explain and Lily nods in agreement. "I wasn't always an advocate for the witches."

8 months ago

Sophie dances to the music behind the bar as people whistle and cheer. She grabs a bottle and whoops. "Whoo! Drink up, everybody! This is how they party in Rio!" She tips the bottle back and the alcohol pours into her mouth.

"My sister was devoted like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts." Sophie pours some alcohol into another one of the male bartenders mouths as more people cheer. "The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel..." She makes out with said bartender before turning to a female bartender and pouring some alcohol into her mouth and making out with her as well.

"And play, but I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's." As she continues to party, her sister Jane-Anne walks in and she notices her. "Oh, Jane-Anne. Hey! Hey, hey, hey. That wasn't me. Hi! Oh!" She rushes towards her after putting the bottle of alcohol down and pulls her into a hug. "Welcome home, Soph. Can we go someplace to talk?" Jane-Anne asks.

"Just tell me" Sophie shrugs. "The elders called a vote. We're moving forward with the harvest." "What?" Sophie asks in disbelief, no longer smiling. "What the bloody hell is the harvest?" Rebekah asks. "It's a ritual our coven does every 3 centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors. They keep our ancestral power flowing." Sophie explains.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus chimes in. "Because the harvest always seemed like a myth, a story passed down through generations like Noah's ark or the Buddha walking on water, the kind some people take literally and some people don't." 8 teen girls sit on the grass, in white dresses, on their knees with their heads down as witches stand around them.