𝕺𝖓𝖊

Mississippi River, 300 years ago

"What do you make of that, sir?" A pirate asks his captain as they look out into the sea, where another ship is sat. "No banner, no flag, floated in out of nowhere, a miracle ship" The captain slightly smiles. "Why is it just sitting out there?" The pirate wonders and the captain shakes his head. "Suppose we ought to find out." The captain says. They steer the ship towards the 'miracle ship' as they called it and sneak on to the boat.

They make their way under into the cabin and look around, their lamp lighting up the area. "Where in hell is everyone?" The captain asks. "Deserted, which makes everything in the hold legally forfeit. Take what suits you" The first mate calls out to the others. "What do you make of that" He grabs his captain's arm, pointing at something. There were coffins.

"Open it up" He instructs and one of the pirates kneels down. He opens it, revealing someone resting in it. They gasp as they look at it curiously. "What the hell?" The captain breathes as they notice a dagger in his chest. Something fast moving suddenly snatches up one of the crew members and the others look back. The one that opened up the coffin gets snatched up as well.

Another one gets taken and the first mate makes a run for the stairs. He looks back at his captain before getting snatched up into the air. He breathes heavily, hearing things as he whips his head in all different directions. "Hello" He turns around and sees Rebekah Mikaelson stood there. "Mmm" She wipes the corner of her mouth off with a piece of cloth, her vampire features on display.

"Lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey. Can I eat him, brother?" Rebekah calls out, her vampire features fading. "I'd rather you didn't." The captain turns around and spots Elijah Mikaelson, who sends him a smile. "There's no need to be afraid. You'll do exactly as I say. You'll remember nothing." He hypnotizes the captain. "I will remember nothing." The captain repeats.

"We've had a very long journey, wherein which, unfortunately, we lost all of our crew. Therefore, I will ask you to kindly transport our belongings to the shore." Elijah explains. "What kind of hell demons are you?" The captain asks. "We're vampires, darling, the Original vampires. Rebekah, Elijah, our brothers Kol and Finn, may they rest in peace." "Are we saving the best two for last?" "And our half siblings Niklaus and Lilith." The two turn to look up the stairs, only to reveal Niklaus Mikaelson stood at the top, holding one of the crew members in his arms, covered in blood.

"Ignore him. He's a beast." Rebekah sighs and Niklaus laughs. He drops the dead crew member and the body drops down the stairs. Lilith Mikaelson appears beside the captain, resting her arm on his shoulders. "So we're not eating him? I was hoping to taste the blood of a leader" She flashes her already bloody fangs at the captain and the captain shudders. "No, dear sister, we need someone to guide us" Elijah says, pulling Lilith away. "We fled Europe and survived the seas. Would you rather I arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?" Niklaus asks.

"Niklaus, your manners are, as always, without equal." Elijah calls out. The captain turns to look back at the two behind him, Lilith eyeing him carefully. "Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is that we have landed?" Elijah wonders, stepping closer. "The French Colony of Louisiana, off the shores of a town they've named New Orleans." The captain explains. "Thank you so much." Elijah nods, starting to head towards the stairs. "Oh, I do recommend that you find yourself further assistance for the luggage. My sincere apologies. Come along, Lilith." Elijah calls out.

The captain turns to look back at the remaining vampire who was walking towards him. "Be warned, darling. When we are no longer in need of your assistance, I won't hesitate to bite" She winks at him before walking back up onto the main deck with her other siblings. The captain slowly turns around and spots a now headless body behind him, leaned against the wall with a couple others beside it, blood all around them.