Chapter 8

---------------
Weeks went by and Adora kept thinking about one think, Rain.

She was definitely a private person. She barely talked about herself, she'd tell stories about her life and her family, but never about what she did or her friends.

She didn't even know her name. But to be fair, Rain didn't know Adora's name either. Adora also made sure to be a little private, but less than Rain.

She just wanted to know who she was, she wanted to hang out with her. She knew her and Rain were just friends but she wanted to be more than that.

Rain was everything anyone would ever want. She was really funny and caring, she was really cute but she said that she wasn't.

Rain was a bit of a tomboy, she liked oreos and she was also adopted. It was nice to know someone that came for the same background as she did.

She could relate to her, she loved talking to her so much. She just wished they could talk outside of email. She wanted to ask Rain about her name, maybe a number, anything.

Anything that could make her somewhat closer to Rain. She loved the emails, she always reread them time and time again, but she was ready for more.

So she started typing
FROM: sheranotes@gmail.com
TO: itsrainingdogs@gmail.com
DATE: Dec 17, 6:28 PM
SUBJECT: I have to ask

Hey Rain,
I love talking to you and I've been thinking about writing this email for a few weeks now.
You're basically all I can think about these days. Every time I'm anywhere, I can only think about if one of the people I see is you. Maybe we've ran into each other without knowing it, maybe we've even ran into each other without knowing it. This might be too much to ask and that's okay. It really is, you're allowed to say no to this. I won't hold it against you.
I have to ask this; what's your real name? Can I maybe like have your number? I love talking to you through email, but I can't help but want more.
Love, Aimee.

Adora hit send after rereading the email a bunch of times. Adora immediately closer her laptop and flopped on her bed. What if Rain never wanted to talk to her again?

She didn't know if she wanted to cry or laugh when she send that email. She could have just ruined it all, or she could have just made everything a lot more amazing.

She went to work on Hordak's homework, since she still had to do that. She had thought of everything she could have done to get rid of him, but she really didn't want to have tell everyone that she way gay.

Being gay at her school wasn't the greatest thing. There were only a few people in her school that weren't in the closet. The kids that had come out weren't treated perfectly, they were the victims of a lot of jokes and bullying.

It was the kind of attention that she just didn't want. She especially didn't want people to find out THAT way.

She was still doing the homework when Mara walked into her room. ''hey Adora do you wanna watch Hamilton with me tonight? I know it's long but it's really good'' Mara said, standing at the doorway.

Before Adora could even respond, Mara spoke again. ''you know, you've been doing an awful amount of homework these last few weeks. Is something going on?'' Mara said, coming closer to Adora to see how homework.

Before Mara could see anything Adora's hands flew over her work. ''it's nothing, just trying to do my best for school'' Adora tried to smile but it wasn't working.

''what's going on kid?'' Mara asked, sitting on Adora's bed. Adora was about to lie through her teeth again, but she stopped herself.

Adora sighed, was she really going to tell Mara about it? Yes.

Tears formed in her eyes as she started talking. ''I have to tell you something... this isn't my homework, it's Hordak's. He's blackmailing me'' Adora shake with a shaking voice.

Mara clearly wanted to say something, the confusion was evident on her face but she let Adora finish. ''he found something out and if I don't do his homework and make sure he gets straight A's he'll tell everyone'' Adora finished, a few tears spilling over her cheeks.

''what did he find out?'' Mara asked gently, placing a hand on Adora's knee. Adora looked at her for a few seconds, as if she was thinking about actually doing this, actually saying this.

''he found out I like girls'' Adora said as more tears spilled over, Mara quickly pulled her in for a hug and rubbed her back gently, trying to calm her down.

''I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Mara'' Adora cried. ''hey hey hey, none of that. That's nothing to be ashamed of honey'' Mara said, wiping Adora's tears away with her sleeve.

They sat there for a while, talking this through and hugging. Eventually Mara decided to give Adora some space and leave her alone for a bit. She left with one last piece of advice; tell people on your own terms about it, he won't be able to blackmail you if he can't hold anything against you.

Adora kind of wanted to do it, but it was too much. She simply just wasn't ready. No one can be brave at all times.
She sat alone in her room for a few minutes, it was slowly sinking in what just happened. She just told Mara, she actually did it. She told someone that wasn't Rain that she's gay.

It took her awhile before she realized what she was doing to begin with. Maybe Rain had replied.

She opened her laptop and checked her email. She almost couldn't read because of the nerves she had. Rain might never want to talk to her again. She looked at her screen for unread emails.

Unread email from itsrainingdogs@gmail.com