Chapter 3

During detention she decided that she would just do her homework. Detention wasn't horrible, luckily there weren't many kids, it was only Adora and two others.

The others, Kyle and Rogelio were also just doing some homework. It made it much easier for Adora to focus on her homework.

The bell rang and everyone got up, Rogelio and Kyle immediately went outside together. Suspicious, but maybe they were just going to meet up with someone.

Adora walked out and went to the theater. When she got there she immediately felt awkward, but Bow and Glimmer immediately noticed her.

"Hey Adora is here! Adora come over here, meet everyone" Glimmer yelled, smiling.

Adora walked over to them and recognized a couple of people. Other than Bow and Glimmer, she knew Perfuma, Mermista, Entrapta. The other two she had no idea about.

"You probably already know Perfuma, Mermista and Entrapta. They are in some of your classes." Glimmer said, pointing to each of the girls.

Perfuma politely said hi while Mermista said "what's up" in a uninterested voice, even though Adora knew Mermista was interested. Entrapta was probably the opposite of Mermista, she immediately popped up in front of Adora and started talking about how they'd be great friends and what she did with tech.

After a while of Entrapta talking about tech and theater, Glimmer interrupted by introducing the other two. "That's Scorpia and that's Catra, you've never met them before but I'm sure you'll like them!" Glimmer pointed at the other two.

"Hey!" Scorpia went over to Adora and pulled her into a hug. "She's a hugger" Perfuma explained with a smile on her face, looking fondly at Scorpia.

This might be the gay in her talking, but oh boy, she shipped it. Adora hoped that they will become a thing at some point.

Scorpia ended up letting her go and she went to Perfuma, god, they were adorable. Adora then remembered the other girl, Catra.

She looked at Catra and by god, she was beautiful. She confidently stood against the wall, as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"Hey Adora" she smiled confidently, not breaking eye contact. Adora didn't reply for a few seconds, she was too caught up in Catra's eyes. One was almost gold while the other was a beautiful blue.

"Uhh.. hi" Adora lamely replied, she immediately cursed herself for being so lame. Catra gave a smirk in response before pulling a bit of a weird face. What was happening?

A few moments later Catra sneezed. Adora's heart stopped, she had officially heard the cutest thing ever. She wasn't the only one who thought it was cute, Bows eyes lit up.

"I still can't get over your sneeze, it's so cute!" Bow said, his eyes were basically sparkling. The 'badass' or 'intimidating' reputation that Catra tried to make was immediately gone.

"I. AM. NOT. CUTE" Catra said, in the cutest way possible. "The angrier you get the cuter you are" Bow cheered. If eyes could kill, Bow would be dead by now.

Adora and the others looked at Catra as if she's the most precious thing on this earth, which she was. Catra definitely seemed annoyed by it but no one payed much attention to that. It must be a normal thing around here Adora thought.

They apparently barely ever did plays in front of people, they were just messing around most of the time.
Adora just laughed at the strange group of people. They were all pretty strange, but in all the good ways. Entrapta talked about a lot of tech stuff while Mermista looked bored and said ''uuggh'' a lot of times.

They were all really different, she'd never met a group of friends like this. She'd never met a group where almost every single person was completely different from the others.

It was like a nice little group of all the outcasts and misfits from the school.

It was a good day, she made some new friends and had a good time overall. Glimmer and Bow offered to take Adora home, which she gratefully accepted.

They all went in Glimmers car and started heading back home. "So did you like them?" Bow asked, hopeful.

"Of course! They're amazing" Adora said. Glimmer and Bow both looked really happy to hear that. "We're glad you liked them, they are a weird bunch of people, but we love them so much" Bow said, clearly smiling.

"They are, but they're great. I love how Mermista and Entrapta are completely opposites. I love how close Perfuma and Scorpia are and I love how Catra tries to be intimidating but is the cutest thing in the world" Adora said, reliving the good time she had.

Before they dropped Adora off, they went to get some iced coffee. They talked for a bit, mostly about classes and teachers.

Eventually they dropped Adora off and they all said their goodbyes.

A few weeks later

FROM: sheranotes@gmail.com
TO: itsrainingdogs@gmail.com
DATE: Oct 30, 4:37 PM
SUBJECT: middle school

God, middle school was the worst.
uI personally, deeply hated middle school. It was awful. Everyone was constantly trying to be reaalllyy cool. When you said something that wasn't 'cool' people would look at you weirdly and say "okaaaaayyy" in a judgmental tone. I hated it.
I once got the dreaded "okaaay" from a group of friends. It was during a sleepover and we were talking about a show. We were all talking about a show and who we found cute. Okay, we were talking about Victorious, if you must know. Basically, everyone was talking about how cute Beck and André were. Then I said with my dumb brain that Jade was pretty cute. They all stared at me and one of them said "okaaayyy, moving on". I was so embarrassed and I didn't really say much else during the rest of the sleepover. It sucked, I felt ashamed, I felt lonely. I'm obviously not friends with them anymore, but I guess that whole experience made me want to suppress that side of me.
- Aimee

FROM: itsrainingdogs@gmail.com
TO: sheranotes@gmail.com
DATE: Oct 30, 5:19 PM
SUBJECT: RE middle school

Woah, it almost sound like you have a small dislike for middle school. I'm sorry about what happened during that sleepover, you shouldn't have been put in a situation where you felt that way. No one should, especially you.
You're amazing, Aimee. Even though we've only been talking for a few weeks I really care about you. I know it doesn't change the past but try to remember that now you've got different people around you, you don't have to feel like that ever again.
"Okaaayy" is probably the most middle school thing ever, I cringe even reading it.
By the way, Jade is hot. Jade can honestly sit on me and I would say thank you. But I have to ask, what on gods earth were you doing watching 'Victorious' in middle school?
- Rain

FROM: sheranotes@gmail.com
TO: itsrainingdogs@gmail.com
DATE: Oct 30, 5:52 PM
SUBJECT: RE middle school
Oh god, I already feel the "okaaaay" coming.

I have a thing for shows I used to watch when I was really young, it has a bit of nostalgia to it. Even now, I still really like things like Gravity Falls or ICarly. I know, it's stupid.
Me and that group of friends decided to watch Victorious as a 'inside joke' but I secretly quite like watching stuff like that.
Welp, now you're going to judge me forever.
- Aimee

FROM: itsrainingdogs@gmail.com
TO: sheranotes@gmail.com
DATE: Oct 30, 6:23 PM
SUBJECT: RE middle school

okaaaaaayy.
just kidding, that's really cute :)