Chapter Twenty Six:

Days past, and Harry wouldn't tell Lily or Hermione his plan for the first task, but kept on insisting that he had one. He warned Cedric of the dragons yet to come as well, seeing how the Hufflepuff didn't have anyone else to tip him off.

When the day of the first task dawned, Lily was nervously climbing her way into the stands with her friends. She took a seat next to Neville and began to tap her foot anxiously.

"Hey." Neville said, giving her a calming smile, "Harry will be okay."

"I hope so." Lily nodded.

"I know so." Ginny said firmly from the seat behind them, "If anyone can do it, it's Harry, right Hermione?"

Hermione looked unprepared to be called on.

"Oh, er, yes." She said, "I mean, he wouldn't tell us what he had planned, but he does have something planned."

Lily didn't look convinced.

"It's Harry." Hermione continued, "He has a certain way of escaping danger."

Lily felt a bit better as she turned back around in her seat.

"Ron's here." Lena noted, gesturing to the red haired boy.

"I wouldn't expect him to miss it." Lily said.

"I only hope he'll come to his senses soon." Neville said, "It's a bloody nightmare trying to share a dorm with him and Harry when they've been fighting."

"They sound like an old married couple." Hermione scoffed.

"They are an old married couple." December corrected, "At least, they will be one day."

"Harry and Ron?" Lily asked.

"I ship it." December shrugged.

Lily laughed just before the cannon went off, signaling the start of the task. One by one, the champions took their turns facing the dragons, until only Harry had yet to go.

Some Hufflepuff and Slytherin students booed as Harry walked into the arena. Lily and her friends shot them glares. Thankfully, Lily noticed that even though Draco wore a "Cedric is the TRUE Hogwarts Champion" badge, he wasn't yelling out insults. The majority of the crowd was cheering anyway, though, so the boos got lost in the stands.

"Come on Harry." Hermione whispered.

Lily watched as the mother dragon snapped a warning at Harry. She hoped that both her brother and the dragon would make it through the task unscathed.

Harry his behind a rock and drew out his wand, but instead of casting a spell, he just appeared to be standing there. Lily waited on the edge of her seat as the dragon prepare to breathe fire.

"Ohmyohmyohmy-" She frantically whispered.

Just in the nick of time, a broomstick came zooming in out of nowhere and Harry hopped on and flew out of reach of the flames. The crowed cheered and hollered as he flew about, trying to dodge the flames. Eventually, Harry managed to grab the golden egg, and the task ended, putting him tied for first place with Viktor.

Lily ran up to hug her brother as soon as possible and when she did, she did so fiercely.

"Hey there- ow!" Harry winced as she squeezed him too tightly.

"Sorry." Lily said, releasing him, "But I was so worried!"

"I'm fine, Lil, I told you I'd be."

"Yeah, but I wasn't sure that-"

"You doubted me? Did you come here to confess you're secretly rooting for another champion?" Harry suddenly asked.

Lily looked shocked.

"What?! No! And I didn't doubt you, I just worried, and-" She exclaimed in a rush.

Harry burst out laughing.

"I'm joking, Lil, I know." He smiled.

"You are going to be the death of me, Harry James Potter." She squinted at him.

Harry pretended to look offended. Lily, afraid she overstepped, opened her mouth to apologize and explain it was a joke, when she noticed him smirking.

"Oh very funny." She said sarcastically.

"Harry!" A voice shouted from behind them.

The Potter twins turned to see Ron. For the first time in weeks, he didn't look angry to see Harry, and even looked concerned.

"Ron." Harry acknowledged.

"I'm so sorry for not believing you, Harry." Ron apologized, "I was just being stupid, but I went to the first task, to support you and all, even though I was still mad at you, and- blimey! I figured you'd have to be mental to purposely join the tournament underage!"

Harry scratched the back of his head.

"What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for being a prat." Ron said.

"I forgive you." Harry nodded.

The two stood there awkwardly for a second.

"Oh for Merlin'a sake, just hug already!" Hermione exclaimed.

The two friends embraced and all the previous tension melted away. Lily happened to look over at December who gave her a wink, which caused her to laugh.

"What?" Harry asked her.

"Nothing." Lily smiled.

"Harry, there's going to be a party in the Gryffindors Common Room to celebrate you!" Ron informed him, "We should get going, I heard Fred and George were going to sneak in food from the kitchens!"

Harry nodded, and with the golden egg tucked under his arm, he began to follow his friends back up to the castle. Once they got there, Lena, December and Luna were invited to the party as well, even though they weren't Gryffindors.

The party was loud, which Lily wasn't too fond of, but it made Harry happy, so she stayed. At one point, someone suggested Harry open the golden egg.

"Right now?" Harry asked, unsurely.

"Go on, open it!" Seamus cheered, next to Dean.

Harry did so, but the second the egg was opened, a horrible screeching sound filled the air. Everyone moved their hands to block their ears until Harry had closed The egg again, silencing the earsplitting cry.

"That'a it?" Neville asked, "That's the clue?"

"Maybe you'll have to fight a Banshee?" Dean guessed.

"I dunno." Harry said, "But I don't think so..."

"You should get to bed, Harry." Hermione said, "We can get up early tomorrow to look in the library for something to help us figure out the clue."

"Aw, come on 'Mione, the party's only just begun." Ron complained.

Hermione crosses her arms.

"I'm just saying." She said.

"Thanks, Hermione, but I think I'll wait. I have another two months to figure it out." Harry dismissed.

And with that, the music was turned up, and the partying continued. Lily found it to be a bit much, so she decided to sneak out of the common room and go to bed. Hermione entered their dorm not long after.

"You good, Lil?" Hermione asked.

"I'm good." Lily confirmed, "All the noise and people just gets to me sometimes."

Hermione nodded in understanding.

"Yeah." She agreed, "It can be a bit much... well, I'm going to bed now, but if you need anything, wake me up."

"Goodnight." Lily smiled.

"Sleep well."