Chapter Twelve:

When Lily and Harry were finally let out of the hospital wing, they went back to the Gryffindor Tower. On their way there, they walked past Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Harry grabbed Lily's hand and walked faster, but she still made eye contact with Draco for a split second when he looked up.

The next Hogsmeade visit came, and despite Lily's protests, Harry insisted that she go to Hogsmeade without him, much to her dismay.

"But you'll be all alone." She frowned, crossing her arms.

"That's not true, I'll hang out with Lena or something." Harry said.

Lily frowned.

"Go on, Lil." He insisted, "Have fun."

"...I'll bring you back chocolates."

Harry smiled and agreed, so Lily reluctantly followed Neville to Hogsmeade. Over the past few weeks she had gotten closer to him, along with Lena, Ginny and Luna. December even stopped by to say hello to her a couple times. Speaking of December, the girl was currently standing outside of Honydukes, staring in through the window.

"Hi." Lily said, softly.

December whipped around.

"Oh, hi Lily! Hi Neville!" She beamed.

Then she turned back around and continued staring through the window with a dreamy smile.

"You going in?" Neville asked awkwardly, seeing how she had yet to enter the sweet shop.

"Mum and Dad never let me have too much candy." December said sorrowfully, "Not after the incident."

Lily and Neville exchanged glances.

"What's the incident?" Lily asked quietly.

"Oh, you know, I just ate one too many candy bars and poof! Everything was all upside down!"

"Huh?" Neville said.

"I turned the living room upside down, took my brother, January, ages to fix it." December explained, "And he's good with breaking spells- like, really good!"

Neville was silent. He looked over at Lily with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Well, I didn't mean to!" December defended, "Accidental magic and all."

"Oh, yeah." He said, still confused.

"I guess I was just so hyper, I couldn't contain the magic inside of me."

Neville nodded his head. There was another moment of silence as December looked back through the window.

"Well, I'm going to go in..." Neville said unsurely, "And if you want to join...?"

"Oh! Okay!" December agreed.

As if turns out, December and candy did not mix well.

"COME ON NEVI, EVEN LILY IS A REBEL!" December yelled.

"It's Neville." Neville corrected, wincing at her loudness.

"I'm not a rebel, really-" Lily began.

"No, you are." December said, "Remember that book you stole?"

Lily blushed and looked down at her shoes.

"Rebel." December affirmed.

"Okay, well could we go to the Three Broomsticks n-"

"OH!" December cried, "I JUST HAD AN IDEA! A WONDERFUL, DELIGHTFUL IDEA!"

"Yes?" Neville sighed.