Brida shook her head "I'm not eating that, I said I won't eat until we are set free." She said. Khaana's eyes thinned into a glare "don't be a fool, it was given to me and I give it to you, so - it comes from my hands not theirs." Khaana said, reaching out she swiped up an apple and held it out to Brida. "take it and eat, or I will force feed you like the stubborn child you want to be." Khaana said. Brida hesitantly took the apple from Khaana and took a small bite, glancing over to Uhtred she could see him snickering.

"what?" Brida asked pointedly. Uhtred grinned "you got in trouble." He said, unable to hold back a laugh "its usually me, it is a nice change." he added. Brida spat out chunks of apple towards Uhtred "shut up!" she said, but it only caused him to laugh more. Khaana sighed in a bit of relief and went to sit on the floor, easing her body down slowly, she watched the two playfully fight and bicker. If they were going to endure this, they would need each other. Khaana could not let them be at odds.

After a while, Uhtred and Brida had calmed and went to sit at Khaana's side, each lay a head on her shoulder as their back rested against the cell wall. Brida's eyes had struggled to stay open, and she had finally lost the battle, sleeping peacefully. Uhtred quietly held up a tomato for Khaana, "you need it too." he said. Khaana lowered the fruit "I need focus, It took more than I should have risked to endure the flames, so much power was expended and I will not be regaining it I fear. It will be the last time I can do such a feet. I am sore and it lingers, the hunger gives me something else to focus on." Khaana said, Uhtred lifted his head and frown at her, "I am fine, Osbert. I know my limits." she said.

Uhtred rested his head on her shoulder once more, "I am sorry." he said. Khaana flicked his temple with her finger  "ow...what was that for?" He asked. "I have already told you have I not? I will see you through this, if you're going to sulk every time something trying comes, you won't make it." said Khaana. "Survival first starts in the head, all else follows, know you can survive and you will. I don't doubt myself," Khaana said looking down at Uhtred from the corner of her eye "neither should you," she said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the bleak misty forest somewhere between Aesces and readingum, Guthrum and his men sat worn and battered in their encampment. The sound of many horses, slight startled the Earl as he looked up, who he saw riding through the trees on a great draft horse, was little more comforting. Ubba rode in with a long scowl upon his face, "Guthrum, you wen to battle without me." He called. Guthrum was quick to get to his feet, "why was that?" Ubba asked.

Guthrum gave a light hearted smile, though the blood from the battle before was still dried to his cheek, "That was not our Intentions," He stated, Ubba climbed down from his horse, the scowl never leaving his face. Guthrum was the sort of man who could disarm a bear with the ease and laze of his attitude, but Ubba was a different sort of anger.

"is that so?" Ubba asked, Guthrum exhaled as it didn't seem to work as well as he'd hoped.  He was far to tired to fight with Ubba over something as simple as poor timing. More so seeing as Ubba had been in a heightened stage of rage since the news of the Slave Uhtred's betrayal of Ragnar the Elder, and what he viewed as the theft of his prized creature.

"Then why did it happen?" Ubba asked, Storri slunk to Ubba's side and looked between the two warlords. "let us talk inside." Guthrum said, turning ot head for his tent, He would rather his men not see him talked down to in the open eye. Ubba, however refused to move, his eyes narrowing "We will talk here." He said to Guthrum, who pause din his steps and exhaled.  nonetheless Guthrum turned and walked closer to Ubba that they might speak quieter.