Prologue

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the mistletoe last night

The cold breeze from the east, blew past my hair. I tightened my hands holding the jacket that I am wearing to stop myself from shivering because of the cold weather. It was a different December. Different Christmas, exactly. The coldness the Christmas breeze is giving is an entire new thing in the Philippines.

She didn't see me creep down the stairs to have a peek
She thought I was tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep

Walking my way home from my Dad's gift shop, my lips began to curve a smile. I was holding a red box with a gold ribbon wrapped onto it. I was so excited to give this to my mom. The happiness and excitement that I am feeling can never be described by any superlatives. Well, Christmas would have been more happier if Dad would go home. But I understand him, his gift shop is overpopulated when occasions like this come.

Then I saw mommy tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white

I suddenly found myself humming with the familiar tune of a Christmas Carol. The houses inside our village are full of well-lit Christmas lights and beautiful Christmas decors. Few minutes more, our house came into view. But our house gives an entire different feeling than any other houses here. The Christmas tree doesn't have the same glow. The Christmas lights were not lit. No light coming from inside. I creased my forehead. The twelve year old me can't understand what was happening.

What a laugh it would have been
If daddy had only seen

I ran towards our backyard and saw...

Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night

-+-

𝗖𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗠𝗔𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬
𝙜𝙧𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙠