"Okay." Alanna relented very sure she wouldn't like it.

She rummaged through her drawer and found a tube of lipgloss. She was surprised to find it seeing as neither her or Liz used make up but they bought a pot of knickknacks in the market so this may have been one of their purchases. Alanna put it on and looked at Sophia for her opinion.

"Those lips look kissable. Don't take it off." Sophia replied making Alanna blush.

It didn't show because of her dark skin but she felt her face turn hot at her friends comment. She looked at herself in the mirror and had to agree with Sophia for the second time tonight. She was not a fan of make up but this did look good on her.

"Definitely not looking forward to the kissing but I'll keep it on because I like it." Alanna announced.

"Good now have fun babe and take lots of pictures." Sophia instructed.

"I will. Bye." Alanna replied and hang up.

She noticed eye liner in the drawer too just as she was about to close it and decided to put it on. She might as well do this too. She then brushed her eyebrows into shape before giving herself a once over. When she was satisfied with what she saw she grabbed her phone, money, handkerchief, the lip gloss incase she needed to apply it again and a few more female essentials she may need and put them all in a black sling bag. She then walked out if her room and started making sure all doors and windows were closed and that all appliances were turned off.

Just as she closed the last window in the living room there was a knock on the door. Her heart started beating fast all over again and her hands started shaking. Ryan was here meaning that it was time for their date. Her first date ever was about to start and she was very nervous. She said a quick prayer as she took deep calming breaths before drawing the curtains closed and walked towards the door.

She opened the door to reveal a very handsome looking Ryan. He was dressed in black cargo pants, a white t-shirt with a hooded grey flannel shirt over it and white Adidas sneakers. He'd gotten a shave so his hair was styled into a fade making him look more handsome than usual. They stared at each other for a few seconds nobody moving or saying anything. Ryan eyes were wide opened and lips slightly parted as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Shouldn't we be leaving." Alanna asked speaking first to break the silence that was beginning to get awkward.

"Yes umh... Yes we should. You look beautiful." He complimented and Alanna smiled.

"Thank you. You look handsome too." She replied.

Ryan leaned in and kissed her cheek making Alanna smile wider.

"Sorry I just couldn't resist." Ryan apologized.

"It's okay." She replied.

Ryan stood there and waited patiently as Alanna closed the door. She tossed the keys into her bag and they walked outside the compound. There was an uber parked outside so Alanna assumed he had called for it. Like the gentleman that he was he opened the door and allowed her to get in first. He then got in after her and as soon as they were buckled in the car started moving. Alanna assumed the driver already knew where they were going because he didn't ask any of them for their destination.

"So where are we going?" Alanna asked.

"I would have made it a surprise but I have to brief you first before we actually get there so you can know what to expect." Ryan replied.

"Oh okay." Alanna replied feeling a little skeptical about his reply.

Brief her? We're they going for war or something?