Chapter 8

Jen...Jen...Jen....

''Where the hell is that voice coming from?''

I 'woke' up on the couch to find it was sitting on a cloud. "Well how the hell does that work?'' I stepped out onto it and realized it felt all soft, much like a fur rug. "I'm not in Kansas anymore''  I said aloud looking down, then I looked up. The gates of the Dream Realms."The hell?" LITERALLY! I began feeling very warm and then I started falling too.

This time I really did wake up to find flames reaching up the curtains and around the room. "The house is on fire, think" but just as I came to my senses which included coughing, I saw evil stand before me walking straight for me only meters away. "I need to move now! Where's Steven? Oh God!" Michael drew his knife and it was going straight for me when I was grabbed straight off the side of the couch and trailed out the back door. 

I looked up gasping for air to see Steven standing over me, but only for a few seconds. Before I could rest he pulled me to my feet "we gotta go now before he catches up, NOW" he yelled at me. I slapped him and we sprinted into the street, through alley ways and place to place 'till we lost him...as the evening sun began to go down. "That Can't be right?"

We stopped in an alley way just around the side of a store. We sat for little under 30 seconds before I shot questions at him, not in the happy go lucky state. "How the hell did this happen?" I shouted but he snapped back.

"What do you mean how!? I thought you were either dead or in a comba 'cause you sure as hell were not waking up!". The street lights began turning on at the same time.

"How long was I out?" I asked him on a calm level. " Nearly the whole day" I looked up as he said it "God". "Yeah exactly, it was only when he knocked over a candle and the house went up when you decided to wake. We are so f@$%ed  you know that!? All the weapons and sh*t was there" He raised his voice.

"We can't exactly go back either, cops will be all over investigating" I explained to him. " Yeah. I suppose in the end I was just kidding myself into thinking weapons would actually stop him.  You got a rocket launcher on you?" I looked at him and we both smiled "At least that counts for something"

I got up and held my hand out "You know, I got this really cool samurai sword when travelling and yeah it's real alright"  he grabbed my hand and pulled himself up "We'd need to hurry, Michael will go there next and that's if he isn't already there" Steven cautioned me. "If he's there I'll distract him. You get the sword from under my bed and get behind him and cut his head off."

Steven turned to me "sounds easier than it actually will be" I looked back at him "ditto."

We arrived at my home, spooky. "Listen we gotta go on the offense when opening this door, then if it's clear turn the lights on" He nodded. Whispering to him "1...2...3..." BANG! I kicked the door open and I went straight for the lights. It was empty, here anyway. I decided it was too dangerous for us to split up. "We go together." We headed upstairs and before I knew it we were in the room. "This is too easy" I grabbed the sword where I left it and we left the room just as fast.

We walked down the stairs steady now, but it was too soon. Michael burst out from behind the wall at the bottom of the stairs grabbed Steven and through him across the hall into the living room. I pulled the sword out and hit his arm with it, no damage but a slice. He looked into my soul almost "God damn this narrow stair well" He then headed for Steven but he was gone.

I jumped down the rest of the stairs and behind Michael "Hey asshole! Over here" he turned and grabbed me by my throat chocking me. "I really need to focus more" I focused whilst trying to breathe. I got the sword at the right angle in my hand but Steven came in from behind with a knife of my own, he ran at Michael jabbing it through his back making him release my throat to take it out.

My chance was there and I took it. I lifted the Sword and used all my muscle strength to take his head off. The blood from his veins  sprayed outwards everywhere onto the walls and me. Michael finally fell...but so did Steven. He went to grab Michael when I stabbed his back and the knife pierced his arm. Just his arm. 

" I am so sorry, are you ok? I mean you clearly aren't but we gotta get you to a  hosp- I got a first aid kit in the kitchen" I was panicking, again. I grabbed the box holding bandages and other helpful things. Just when I thought it was over, Steven voice screamed out in pain. "It's impossible, he can't."

I ran in to the room to find I was right. Steven was slumped over Michael's body covered in his blood. He used the knife to take out his anger on him but I couldn't blame him. Michael destroyed his whole life and his family before him. I pulled him away and fixed his arm up "how'd you learn this?" he questioned me. Understandable.

" Well for starters your wound LUCKILY wasn't to deep and I didn't hit anything serious. Second this isn't rocket science and finally there is only so many times you can get hurt yourself before you become used to patching your own" I looked up at him "Finished."

He got up on his feet, of course I helped "Let's get outta here." As we left up the street we heard police sirens in the distance. " You know this is a really sucky ending I mean my arm is like this and I have no one but you" I looked at him sympathetically

"Well, If you ask me I'm happy this is over. I could cry at how happy I am. I have a suburban house up in New York and that's where I'm heading next. Wanna tag along?" 

"I'd love to but I need to sort my head out, get set up." He said  as we sat down on a bench outside a discount store. "I got enough money to put money down for an apartment and find a job so that's a start. Not staying here though."

I began laughing "So we got about 7hours 'till sunrise, I think we should just sleep here because I don't have the energy to walk home" He smiled back. "You know you're right. This is a sucky ending, I mean I missed Halloween. Who misses Halloween? I bet there was a STAB! marathon on today"

"What did you dream about anyway?" He asked. I lied to him. "I can't remember just stuff and things I suppose" I looked up at the moon as it  shone down in the deep sky. "Night" I whispered cuddling into the heat of him. "Night."

Chapter 9- The Final Chapter. Not really good at conclusions, not quite climatic so sorry.  Chapter 9 will see a farewell and a reunion as well as a to be continued.