Chapter 7

I got to his door and was about to knock but he opened it ''Hey, we were in this position once before except this time your fist isn't almost in my face'' smiling holding his gym bottle. ''You goin' somewhere?'' I asked but of course i knew his answer ''actually I was thinking we could train in my garage space. It's nice and open with some training kit if you'd call it that'' he was really enjoying this already, I could clearly tell. ''Ok well I'll go easy on ya when we have contact training'' I slipped a half smirk before tuning and walking to the garage, Steven looked at me funny and closed his door behind him ''Please you could try beat me but I'll settle for second place if it's too much of an effort for ya'' following behind me.

I entered the garage and ok i admit i was impressed. ''I call the punch bag first'' I shouted running at it. He looked at my struggling to keep a straight face, then he burst out laughing ''you're like a kid when they arrive at Disney Land for the first time'' I gave him the 'I'll kick your ass if you keep going' glare and just like that that laugh turned to giggles to a straight face. 'Good boy'. I began doing some stretches before going for the punch bag so Steven moved in closer and grabbed a hold of it ''So did you ever go to Disney Land? Just out of curiosity'' I looked up at him still doing my long stretches ''well, Yeah when i was a kid and my parents were still alive'' He realised he had stepped into some uncharted territory but i was fine with talking about it ''It's fine really, I can talk about it. They died 4 years ago in a car accident when I was 15 so I stayed with my Aunt Nora 'till I was 18 and then I moved into a house where I lived off my parents riches. Then about a month after I dreamt about a creepy burned man, I found out I was chosen, I defeated the man and then I left that house. My story all in one. Oh yeah and did I mention my closest friend died at the end of March this year because she wanted to help me'' I then realised I was shouting.

''Listen clearly your'e u-'' ''No I'm not upset or grieving, I passed it and now I'm gonna help you stop this Michael guy and then I am out of here'' I stopped him to add in that we won''t be staying in touch and I realised it isn't over after this. I am not waiting around for some organisation to hunt me down and kill me because I will not join them. I'm gonna hunt them down, not the other way around. I'll have to be a ghost, under the radar so they can't trace me. ''If only you knew what you were dealing with you wouldn't be so cocky about stopping him. He has killed over dozens of people and he is standing. No matter how hard you train when it finally comes down to it, you'll still be fighting for your life. Difficultly.'' I stopped stretching and looked at this from his prospective. I was being cocky I have to admit but again today I saw another side of Steven, one which can be bossy and give orders. 'Full of suprises' I thought to myself, I turned to the punch bag and began punching it. ''sure, let's do this'' He said  holding the punch bag in place for me and giving me advice on strategy and techniques, I hate to say but I did learn a thing or two from him. On the other hand I taught him some stuff too.

''I think I should ask so how come Michael hasn't made a go for you yet because I'm sure he knows you're here in Haddonfield?'' I questioned him. Hey, a girl has a lot of questions. ''His power doesn't reach full strength until Halloween so he won't try to kill me before then. He could try but then he threatens himself because he could be killed more easier now than on Halloween night'' I turned and sat down on the wooden bench next to him to take a drink of water, then I got up again ''that can't be  the case because I thought he got his powers because of the Cult and such but it has worn by now right? They stopped their voodoo worshipping stuff so the curse drained over years therefore he is mortal now.'' He lay down on the bench ''you sure like asking questions...but yeah you're partly right he is mortal, however he is still strong as heck I can guess. We'd need to take an axe to his head to finish him'' I went and grabbed an axe from a stand ''then I guess we'll make a headless chicken out of him'' he smiled at me and got up grabbing the axe out of my hands ''you said something about living off your family's riches right?'' placing the axe down 'I know where this is going' I turned to him attempting to explain it ''I may have stretched it a little, I meant what was left of their riches. I spent most of it on this new house and the little I have left is to last me and i highly doubt it will so no we're not getting swanky new gadgets'' The clock had read late I think so we called it a day and headed into his living room...again.

He switched the T.V on 'great finally something normal. Oh i wonder if he has recorded The Real Housewives o-' He had recorded last nights news reports ''Aw come on are you serious!?'' I moaned and he giggled ''I gotta keep a watchful eye you never know what you might find and besides i missed it last night when our friendly night-in was on so Sshh'' He lowered his voice then the news came on. About a minute and a half of boring politics later...

Breaking News: A body of a woman aged 49 years old  was found in what remained of her home at 68 Irwin Avenue as it was burned down just 3 hours ago. Let's go live to Debra outside of the home;

As John has said all of this happened 3 hours ago yet the street is still swarmng with nearby neighbours, police officers and fire fighters still going through the rubble. A young man who is a neighbour of this woman has stated ''We never really talked but you would see her leave the house from time to time. She was just this lonely woman who kept to herself.'' The firefighters have yet to find a reason of how this fire had started but the Police however just made their statement saying ''This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone however the strange thing is that her body has a deep hole through her chest implying that this was not natural and whoever lit her house up has caused us to question, why? I do not mean to cause alarm but we ask the community to hold together as we find who is responsible. Thank you all.''

This is truly an upsetting night for the citizens of Haddonfield as it is the first ripple in this town since nearly two decades ago. Is this to make us question if Michael Myers has returned to this town two days before Halloween or is it just another sick psycho on the loose, I gu-What? Ok. John we have just got confirmation that this woman had worked at Smith's Grove Sanitarium, former holding place of Michael Myers before he escaped. This is really the ghost story tonight John, that's all from here until next time and to you John.

Steven switched off the T.V ''Now why do i get the impression she wasn't just a nurse there'' I sat up and glared ''you think she was apart of the Cult? Does make some sense I suppose'' He widened his eyes remembering something ''We should leave it there until tomorrow, then we can find him or he'll find us...'' I nodded my head smiling ''I'm staying here tonight so I'll take the couch again'' He got up and walked to the stairwell and stopped ''I remember something else, you stayed down here on the night we had our friendly night-in? But when I got up today you were gone, wher'd you go?'' I actually only realised I did that there now ''Oh, I just decided to go home instead but tonight I'm not leaving especially after that news report'' I said peering over the couch at him and then he began to giggle again ''that is so ironic you know? he is after me yet you are willing to sleep in my house for tonight'' I had to agree it was funny too ''Goodnight Steven'' I stretched out on the couch as he went up the stairs.

Halloween is tomorrow ! In the story anyway and Michael is going to drive full throttle into their lives and they are gonna have to try dodge the hit. Although Jen hasn't met him yet (How sad) they are gonna fight tomorrow, sharp. With a little help from her friend.

UPDATE 6/03/15 OK I know I haven't updated the story in almost two/three months but I've been busy with school and such but I'll try get an update out on St Patrick's Day...no promises but I'll try.