Chapter 1

Google, the place filled with many questions, answers and Facebook. 'Lets see ummmm Haddonfield, Illinois Halloween ban' i spoke outwards as i typed in my query, it loaded up of course thousands of pages so what does a girl do? click on the first link. Just as i was about to click on it another link caught my eye on the page 'Haddonfield Massacres, The 17years of Terror' 'there it is' i immediately thought. I clicked on the link to find a news article written in 2001 first saying that it's been 6years and still no sign of the mass murderer Michael Myers, hopefully this is a fresh start for Haddonfield for the new millennium. This certainly began pulling me in, the more i read the more shocked i was. All these names; Laurie Strode, Doctor Sam Loomis, Jamie Lloyd, Rachel Curruthers, Tommy Doyle, Kara Strode and the lists of names just kept going ranging from who had been killed or not found to the small batch who had survived.

I closed my laptop, I didn't even have to try looking for my answers as they were all there on one page. 'another mass murderer!?  you have got to be kidding me' my voice screamed within the walls of my skull and then i realised that he's been gone for 19years without a trace, 'maybe he's dead' i spoke into myself. I do talk to myself a lot. I got up and finished my morning routine and skipped breakfast of course to take a walk around the neighbourhood. Coincidentally i live in Lampkin Lane...not that far away from the house where 'it all began' or i think that was the quote on the website.

As i walked along the paths i got a cold chill down my back, unfortunately that's the air of the October month. Lining all the streets were leaves with rich colours of orange,brown,green and yellow. I have a feeling that if this serial killer happens to pop back up on the radar i doubt he will be running around because if i'm right he'd be 57years old now after all he was 21 when he first returned. I come to a halt at 35 Lampkin Lane. 'so this is it's home'  agreed with myself, as i approached the house i felt slight fear, not by the thought of death but by the thought of a 6year old boy who had killed his 17year old sister in cold blood.

I decided to enter the house so i grabbed the door handle and push, it was locked...i think. I broke the handle to the door and gave it a huge push, as it opened a huge creek was let out and echoed into the emptiness of the house. I shut the door behind me and all of a sudden the house became completely silent with a creek here and there. 'what the hell am i thinking!? of course it would be me that decides to go into the house of a mass murderer...if only Abbie was here, she would grab me by the ear and throw me out'. I go up the stairs and just before i turn something catches my eye, on the wall at the top of the stairs, a symbol of some sort rune but i can't remember which one. I go to look closer and out of no where a rat comes squealing over my foot, i jump in suprise letting out a louder pitched scream as i then began to fall down the stairs. ''Hello is anyone in there!'' a voice shouts coming from behind me as the door bursts open. A young man appears in my gaze as i get up from the bottom of the stair case ''You ok miss? I heard a scream from in here and well here i am'' he said as he looked at me with such care in his eyes, 'omg look at those deep hazel eyes'. ''Miss?'' he repeated snapping me out of a day dream ''sorry, yes, i'm fine i just heard a noise and fell off the bottom of these steps'' i said lying through my teeth. ''Well then, it's a good thing you didn't fall off the top or you'd have some injuries'' he said making an effort at a joke, ''Haha yeah i know...well i better be going now'' i turned and began walking away picking up the pace out the door.

''Hey i never got a name'' he shouted to me as he ran out the door behind me. I thought to myself 'should i lie again? ah what the heck' ''my names Jenifer Carpenter, but everyone knows me as Jen...well no one here anyway, i'm new'' i said being open to him about one thing. ''Really? My names Steven Llo-. I mean Steven Doyle but everyone calls me Steve and i'm only new in town too'' he said trying to charm me and hiding the fact he lied about his second name 'takes a liar to know a liar' i thought to my self, smiling too. ''Well Steven, see ya around...'' i said to him playfully. ''Oh i'm counting on it, after all you do only live 2 houses down from he'' he said now with a cheesey smile on his face, i really didn't want to smile back but i honestly couldn't help myself. 'stop it Jen, stop it. You're making yourself look like you want him...even though you do but that's not the point''. I pushed my smile down to a straight face. ''Well i better go, see ya'' i said turning and walking. He shouted ''Ah yes the part that includes you walking, i was wondering if you were gonna start that'' he said. I could almost feel his smile even as i walked away. I walked out of site before he looked back at the house.Glaring at it. He then got in his car and drove off.

As i walked home again i no longer felt the cold touch of late october on my back, but i could feel the warm feeling inside and another grin coming on again. 'Oh god' i thought to myself and my stomach filled with butterflies.

That's the end of chapter one and already the chosen one is falling for a hazel eyed  boy! What will come for Jen and new comer Steven. I guess you and i will both have to see. Until next time. (I have an exam this week so i'll be revising, so bare with me on the next chapter) but i will be sticking with this story till the end, Hope you all enjoy! :D EXTRA NOTE- I need the readers to tell me, Steven R. Queen as Steven Doyle or Josh Hutcherson as Steven Doyle?? I'm stomped so it's up to you guys so message me !