CH:5

Disclaimer: Don't Own Naruto™

(Line Break)

Chunin Exams- Part III

Hansuke looked out his hospital window as he wrapped his arms up in his bandages. It's been three days since his match with Nami and for one full day he was in a surgery for his heart which had been successful. The next two days had been him recovering and yesterday afternoon he had woken up to an empty hospital room and very achy. The nurses informed him that yesterday his team had been in here all morning as he slept and they had to leave due to training. He was told that if it wasn't for the muscles in his chest and back the chakra would have ripped through him, but the damaged to his heart had been so server that it could lead to future problems; his doctor had informed that he could live the life of a shinobi, but they weren't sure how long until he would need another surgery.

Hansuke sighed softly as he looked down at his knees as he sat on his bed. He was in his black pants and fishnet shirt along with his bandaged arms and blue sandals. Throughout the night he had been asking the same questioned over and over again; what would his father say? Hansuke had failed and didn't make it to the final part of the exams; maybe the reminder that Nami had made it would ease the punishment he was going to get. Hiashi was going to throw a fit once Hansuke got home from the hospital; if he ever went back that is. Hansuke could be disowned for all he knew, this could be his last time with the last name of Hyuga and it scared him. He'd be alone, with nowhere to live and no family to look to for help.

Hansuke stood up and slowly walked over to a small closet in the room where they had held his clothes and slipped on his jacket and put away his scrolls and kunais that Kisho must have brought back to him. He looked back at his hospital bed and walked back over and made it, not wanting to leave it a mess. The thought of leaving worried him, would anyone be waiting for him once he got out, or were they all too busy with their own things that he would be walking out alone. He pushed the thoughts away and walked out of his room and down the steps to the lobby doors of the hospital.

"Hansuke-kun!" Kaori yelled as she turned from the nurse to see Hansuke at the bottom of the steps. She had the biggest smile and ran over to him and wrapped her arms around his middle and was crushing the boy. Hansuke winced but smiled lightly and patted the girls back; he was just happy that he actually got to see them and that they were okay. Kaori held onto him tighter, making him grunt in pain, and had her eyes closed, "I'm so glad that you're all better now. I was afraid that you weren't going to wake up ever and then Satomi-chan just told me I was being paranoid, but I had a right to worry my pack member and-"

"Kaori-chan," Kisho said with a smirk, "let Hansuke-kun go before you crush his insides." Kaori let out an 'eep' and let go of him while spurting out apologies and smiling sheepishly. Hansuke only smiled and told her he was fine. "I'm glad that you're doing well Hansuke-kun," he smiled at the boy. Hansuke blushed and nodded to him. Hansuke always looked up to Kisho like a father figure and was glad that he wasn't upset at him for losing.

"Come on Satomi-chan," Kaori smirked back at the dark haired girl, "no need to act all tough." Satomi walked up to Hansuke and surprising both of them, she quickly wrapped her arms around his middle and held onto him like he was going to disappear. Kaori gave an 'awe' and joined on the little hug; Akamaru barked and whimper from being left out and the three chuckled/giggled at him. They all then pulled back and Kaori wiped her eyes, "Come on, let's go eat before I start to cry," she smiled to her best as the other two nodded, with Satomi wiping her own eyes.